Climbing works & surrounding area parking.

Kit!

If a pavement was put in under the bridge then it would have to become single lane traffic...

I parked in the Robert Sorby car park here yesterday at 1900

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3515543,-1.4840859,3a,75y,51.4h,70.94t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s5n8PDQ6naiHgFVsi7j631w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

You can see some rather suspect parking in the google streetview image here though.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.351271,-1.4843817,3a,75y,275.93h,71.16t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFCvrfRJgBNkAEEhEpjxk5Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

That would mean traffic lights, I think they should shut the road to thru traffic and block the bridge for cars but that would be more controversial than yellow lines. Its a shame as it has the potential to be a nice area for living in rather than a rat run.

If a pavement was put in under the bridge then it would have to become single lane traffic

I've often thought it would be a good idea to try and put a walkway under the bridge which runs above the water, as walking under the bridge on the road is quite risky.

The whole area is a nightmare though. Especially when there's something going on at Climbing Works and parents are dropping kids off for gymnastic classes all at the same time. It's a bit of a pain living around the area with people coming and going outside your house constantly.

I've made some enquiries and have found that the Council have actually consulted on a scheme of yellow lines for this location.

It appears they have received some objections, so they now need to prepare a report and recommendations to the relevant Council Cabinet Member for a decision.

p.s. a 'luton' box van was stuck under the low railway bridge recently, and the occupants were letting the tyres down when I came past. I won't mention the hire firm.....

I should hope you wouldn't..... Why would it be their fault what someone has done with a van they hired from them?