Big Wooden Man in the Woods at Handsworth

Can anyone shed any light on where the bloody big wooden man came from in the woods at the side of the Parkway on the sliproad between the ASDA and the end of Mosborough Parkway Roundabout. If you have not seen it, it is a absolutly beautiful work of art and seems like it has sprung from no where. I was just wondering if anyone knows who did it, what for etc as there does not seem to have been any media coverage of this.

Please let me know as this is bugging the arse off me!

The thing in the woods near asda is great. We just wish on a morning he would use that big club of his to get rid of some of the traffic on the Parkway!!

The kids have given him a name, so when we pass they all look out for, Ed Wood.

If you go to Kimberworth, have a ride down Droppingwell Lane from Kimberworth towards Blackburn and keep an eye out on the left. Theres a track about half way down with another statue waving at you. He looks a happy little soul, and not as angry as our friend Ed Wood.

• 9 months later...
I must admit I like it... it adds character to area.

It does, it's so atmospheric. It just shows what a little effort and a lot of imagination can do to liven an area up.

How long before a joy-riding group of yobs catch site of it and cover it in tags?

Archived