The Walking dead series 7

I felt that it crossed the line into too much graphic violence (IMO) and if it doesn't have more story and less of the very graphically displayed violence in the next couple of episodes I will stop watching it. Half way through the first episode I just felt that the way that the deaths were shown in such great detail added nothing to the story other than gore.

The story needs to be about something more than the violence for me to want to watch it. Previous seasons have had bigger aims with the violence effectively being collateral damage, but if the new series is just about the gore then I'm really not interested in continuing to watch it.

I felt that it crossed the line into too much graphic violence (IMO) and if it doesn't have more story and less of the very graphically displayed violence in the next couple of episodes I will stop watching it. Half way through the first episode I just felt that the way that the deaths were shown in such great detail added nothing to the story other than gore.

The story needs to be about something more than the violence for me to want to watch it. Previous seasons have had bigger aims with the violence effectively being collateral damage, but if the new series is just about the gore then I'm really not interested in continuing to watch it.

the whole episode showed a lot about the story, it helped a lot with the story showing how brutal negan is, that he enjoys the violence, and hes good at it. it showed how he was aiming to break rick, and thats the level of atrocity it took.

The next couple of episodes will broaden out and show

A: the aftermath, ie:- Rick / Negan, and also Maggies "new life"

B: the kingdom and lots of new characters

I'm so disappointed at who died. One of my favourite characters.

Carefully worded to avoid spoilers.

good episode, was tempted to stay up and watch, but just can not get on with all the US commercial breaks

---------- Post added 26-10-2016 at 19:05 ----------

the guy that played Negan, what a role change from The Good Wife

Didn't have to put up with the US ad breaks because it aired at 2.30 on FoxUK on Virgin\Sky in the UK..

I'm yet to start watching The Walking Dead but I think It's a bit late to start now haha!

I'm yet to start watching The Walking Dead but I think It's a bit late to start now haha!

never too late, 3 episodes a day, only take a month

never too late, 3 episodes a day, only take a month

I agree Mel, i didn't pick it up till series 4, got to binge watch till i caught up, but it is worth it, fantastic TV..

I agree Mel, i didn't pick it up till series 4, got to binge watch till i caught up, but it is worth it, fantastic TV..

Same! Me and my son watched the first 3 seasons in a few weeks in time to start season 4.

I love all the original characters but the new ones (good and bad) are amazing too.

Ive got to admit that the Talking Dead makes it all even better for me, Love it!

Same! Me and my son watched the first 3 seasons in a few weeks in time to start season 4.

I love all the original characters but the new ones (good and bad) are amazing too.

Ive got to admit that the Talking Dead makes it all even better for me, Love it!

Chris Hardwick and the Talking Dead are fantastic, know matter how bad an episode has been, he brings it back down..

blimey, ive been watching since episode 1 started :) i used to binge watch them all before a new season, but its got to the point that theres just too many to do it all the time now LOL

Also been watching since episode 1 of the talking dead.........there never was a talking dead for the first series

Edited by melthebell

Yep I've also watched from series 1! Must admit I like to watch three episodes together. Must admit the first episode of this series made me cry. Thought it was well acted, can't wait for Daryl to get his brain into gear. Love the King and his tiger!!

Watched episode 1 and 2 of the latest series. One was shocking and brutal - too much in my view. But there was still some annoying things characters did that were out of character (won't go into detail - spoilers). It was well done but I found the whole thing depressing and hopeless - new things for the walking dead. It was miserable.

Episode 2, which was rated far lower on IMDb pepped me up a bit. Bit more interest rather than relentless violence. I still think it's going down the road of short live "revolution" but it stays in the planner for now.