Bitcoin in Sheffield

I'm after some bitcoin, how much do you have??

Anyone know any places in Sheffield that accept Bitcoin as payment?

Why in Sheffield? The point of Bitcoin is that it's an international payment system with minimum fees.

we accept bitcoin on our website, ready for the future haha

:thumbsup:

Excuse my ignorance but can someone educate me on what a bitcoin is?

a fictitious internet file they may or may not be worth something depending on who you trust:suspect:

Ah Bitcoin, the currency of the DarkWeb.

Ah Bitcoin, the currency of the DarkWeb.

Yeah … Illuminati stuff. Not by sheer coincidence is 'bitcoin' an anagram of 'the onion ring'! :o

Its a currency, but instead of paper notes and coins etc, its computer based currency. Websites and other company's are starting to accept bitcoin.

If only I had bought £100 worth last year, it would have been worth £350 today. If I bought them in 2013, it would be worth £3000 now.

Its a currency, but instead of paper notes and coins etc, its computer based currency. Websites and other company's are starting to accept bitcoin.

If only I had bought £100 worth last year, it would have been worth £350 today. If I bought them in 2013, it would be worth £3000 now.

...and if I had have bought them in 2014 they would have lost a third of their value.

Yeah … Illuminati stuff. Not by sheer coincidence is 'bitcoin' an anagram of 'the onion ring'! :o

Darnit, I never realised that, but now you mention it!

---------- Post added 16-09-2016 at 15:00 ----------

I had a couple when it first launched (it is my job/interest to stay up to speed with developments so I mined a couple when I first read about it) and somehow lost them. I was desperately trying to work out the password/combo protection I had used once I found out that they were worth a hell of a lot and never did remember. Then the site that held them went under and they are gone forever :|