Anyone purchased a Taylor Wimpey home recently?

My nephew recently bought with Persimmon, I was amazed at what they included, he got washing machine/dryer, fully fitted kitchen, carpets and curtains of choice fitted, barstools, fully grassed lawn that they mow for the next three years and fully fitted wardrobes of choice in one bedroom.

They also spoke to Taylor Wimpey but they didn't get close. It's my nephew's first home, so it made a huge difference.

My nephew recently bought with Persimmon, I was amazed at what they included, he got washing machine/dryer, fully fitted kitchen, carpets and curtains of choice fitted, barstools, fully grassed lawn that they mow for the next three years and fully fitted wardrobes of choice in one bedroom.

They also spoke to Taylor Wimpey but they didn't get close. It's my nephew's first home, so it made a huge difference.

Sounds good; but remember that fittings' value depreciates quickly. As a result, the value of a new house+fittings may well be quite a lot less than the purchase price for at least the first few years.

Sounds good; but remember that fittings' value depreciates quickly. As a result, the value of a new house+fittings may well be quite a lot less than the purchase price for at least the first few years.

True, but for a first time buyer it is invaluable, they were already hunting out hand-me-downs to furnish the house as it was.

I am yet to see a well built new build. Some of the standards are downright shocking. I would never consider buying one. I work on dozens of them, spanning different companies, all use cheap materials and cheap labour.

Some of the standards I see when ripping out old bathrooms is shameful. I also refuse to do site work, they pay peanuts and expect the earth,

I would say, buy an old property and renovate.

I am yet to see a well built new build. Some of the standards are downright shocking. I would never consider buying one. I work on dozens of them, spanning different companies, all use cheap materials and cheap labour.

Some of the standards I see when ripping out old bathrooms is shameful. I also refuse to do site work, they pay peanuts and expect the earth,

I would say, buy an old property and renovate.

That's not really the discussion anyone is having. I'm quite happy with the quality of our new build, much, much better than the 1920's house I was in before.

Seems to be a running theme that TW are tight with the extras they offer. Don't get me wrong, I knew they wouldn't include everything but to not include things like flooring as standard just took me back a little.

When I'm potentially going to be spending almost 300K on a house, I would have liked them to try and compete for my business a little more or at least make me feel like they wanted it in the first place. We spoke to two different TW sales ladies and neither were overly friendly or particularly interested in trying for a possible sale. Off to Harron Homes today at Waverley to compare their customer service/incentives.

Seems to be a running theme that TW are tight with the extras they offer. Don't get me wrong, I knew they wouldn't include everything but to not include things like flooring as standard just took me back a little.

When I'm potentially going to be spending almost 300K on a house, I would have liked them to try and compete for my business a little more or at least make me feel like they wanted it in the first place. We spoke to two different TW sales ladies and neither were overly friendly or particularly interested in trying for a possible sale. Off to Harron Homes today at Waverley to compare their customer service/incentives.

Sums it up, they don't offer much and it's almost as if they're not really bothered whether you buy or not, some people would like that approach but like you say when you're spending £250k+ you want to feel wanted and valued.

Sure Harron will be better my brother bought from Harron at Waverley and they offered quite a lot, I won't post on here as its not fair to discuss his transaction.

Well we went to Harron Homes today.......and we reserved a property!! Couldn't walk away from it, it was such a good deal. The house is ready in 6 weeks and they wanted a sale which put us in a good position. Ended up getting fitted kitchen, integrated fridge/freezer and dishwasher, tiled floor in the kitchen, dining rooms and bathrooms which are also half tiled, turf, outside tap and fencing, fitted wardrobes in the master bedroom, carpeted throughout and they also matched our deposit which was the decider. Got part exchange instead of help to buy (didn't realise you couldn't do both in the same transaction). Should exchange contracts in 6 weeks, so exciting!!

Congratulations, sounds like you got yourself a good deal!