Motorbike rides around Sheffield.

I'm new to motorbike riding and have just bought myself a cruiser, I have only been out three times Matlock, Bakewell and Barlow and I wondered if there was any information about rides in this area.

I am hoping to do one to the coast in a few weeks but I'm only doing rides of around an hour at the moment.

My favourate is out to Castleton and then up Winnats Pass and on to Buxton, then on to Bakewell and finishing in Matlock Bath and back home again. A round trip of around 70 miles.

Hi Panchobar, just head into Derbyshire and get off the A roads. Roads around Monyash are good, head out to Leek from Monyash and down the Manifold Valley, all off A roads.

All quite technical but not fast.

Alternatively head about 20 miles north through Hillsborough to Holmfirth. You can call at Cawthorne and Cannon Hall on the way there or back to break up the journey.

Another trip is to Wentworth and Elsecar, about 8 miles.

I'm new to motorbike riding and have just bought myself a cruiser, I have only been out three times Matlock, Bakewell and Barlow and I wondered if there was any information about rides in this area.

I am hoping to do one to the coast in a few weeks but I'm only doing rides of around an hour at the moment.

Head out towards the east coast into Lincolnshire..towards Market Rasen/Willingham Woods/Mablethorpe/Skeggy/Cleethorpes etc..the roads are fantastic,no potholes/speed humps and they are always looking after them...even when no need... usually very quiet,low traffic.Have just returned myself from Mablethorpe past Louth/Manby/Theddlethorpe to where the seal sanctuary is... 160 mile round trip..nice scenery too.....excellent run for cruisers....I have a VTX 1800...

My favourate is out to Castleton and then up Winnats Pass and on to Buxton, then on to Bakewell and finishing in Matlock Bath and back home again. A round trip of around 70 miles.

I also do this one quite often too,but after going up Winnats I head towards..Whaley Bridge/Chapel/Macclesfield and over the Cat'n'Fiddle /Buxton and back thro' Ashford in the Water/Calver/Owler bar to home at Todwick..just about 100 miles...get out now while we still have the weather.Lots of nice runs out there...Brid/Whitby/Scarb/ etc etc..:D:D

Thanks everyone, I did Derbyshire a few days ago but there are a lot of roads with new chippings in the Bakewell area at the moment.

Today I just did Harthill, Witwell, Cresswell, Spion Kop, Clumber park and then back through Clowne.

Skeggy over the bank holiday for me.

Skeggy over the bank holiday for me.

Which way do you go I was thinking via Gainsborough, Market Rasen and that park where bikers stop off.

Be careful with the average speed cameras on the way to Gainsborough. Also try out past Bawtry or alongside the Trent. No particular route just decide as you go.

I think there is still a bikers night on Thursdays at the (Royal) Oak in Tickhill. You may get tips there.

Which way do you go I was thinking via Gainsborough, Market Rasen and that park where bikers stop off.

Quickest way for me. A57, A1 briefly then A158 straight in. All quite fast roads.

Quickest way for me. A57, A1 briefly then A158 straight in. All quite fast roads.

That's Dunham Bridge way I do that in the car.

You could always have a go at joining a club to get the best of other’s experiences.

Here’s one that’s full of folk from all walks of life, a wide range of machinery and a wealth of experience. You will also get to learn how to keep yourself safer on the road.

Don’t let the joining fee put you off it’s well worth it.

Have a good browse around the website then follow the enquiry link or just pop down to Meadowhall Retail Park (outside Mc D’s and Pizza Hut) any Saturday morning at around 09:00.

Just a thought.

Unfortunately It appears that I have not made enough posts on this site in order to include a web address :( so try to work it out from this. :rolleyes:

iam (then a dash, no spaces) sheffield (dot) org