Your memories of Josephine's Nightclub.

it was a horrible place blokes couldn't walk past you without groping you!! I remember the DJ, Mitch (early 90's) every night they used to play "New york, New york" and one particular night there was a women with no knickers on doing the high kicks, needless to say it got played about three times!!

I didn't really go there by choice, was usually dragged there on staff nights out!!

Bet you didn't take much dragging:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I remember it a bit from the early eighties a real iconic place. I remeber people ****ing a about Tony Knowles being in there Who???? he won the world snooker Chapionship around 1979/80 or 81 I'm sure someone will put me right.

It had a really strict dress code Jacket and Tie type thing unheard of now days

Wasn't there a DJ called Chris Cross or whatever?

Yep remember him quite well ended up doing time for something but I can't really recall what.

He was before his time at Josephine an excellent watch repairer. & later a very good artist. With paints not pints, before you all jump on the band wagon

Had some fantastic nights there. I have still got my champagne glasses that were given to guests at the 15th Anniversary Party, and I always wanted to go to Ladies Day as Ascot but was always working.Met some lovely people there and had some fantastic times in the 80's. Dave Allen had it then and I think it was DAve Groves who was manager. I remember they sponsored me £100 when I ran the Sheffield Half marathon in I think it was 1981!!!

Good times!

had some great times @ josies,actually would be in there 5 nights a week sometimes,actually worked on door for a couple of winters inbetween working in spain + corfu. dave growns was the manager,rod johnson was a working director,scottish robbie kinsman was ass. manager.I worked on the door with kilby also chris salt,terry,tim. and in the latter days with jim afew times .jims first shift was to help me + chris when bomber graham had one of his first big fights @city hall.bit of useless info 4 u first track ever played @josies i believe was stevie wonder "isnt she lovely".people would always say it was full of posuers,maybe in some ways ,but a lot of them were right hard cases,and a lot of very friendly people,if you know what i mean!! we would actually stay in there til 6 in morning having a drink and a really laugh.dave growns gave me a free pass for life,and when bob bacon took over as manager he took it off me and i got barred for having long hair,::( ps dave allen didn,t even like football only pigeons when iwas there,and guess he still doesn't .pity he couldn't have taken them down. utb . brian

I remember Robbie and never really like Bob Bacon. Do you remember Dave Chandler - he was a good friend of mine. Think he moved to Spain with wife and family. Also, I used to work with Bomber - bless him! So malagablade - we would have met at some time!. I remember the food being really good there too. I also remember that lovely lady in the ladies loo who would have allsorts of thigs - spare tights, make up, hairspray, perfume, needle and thread - she was a star and knew all the gossip! Nice memories - keep them coming.