Help me find this village!

I think it might be Bamford Village, Derbyshire.

ok, I'm on for a guess .... it's Hope

As you drove in from Sheffield, the village seems small with a row of cottages on the right, including the spar and the church on your left. Here you turned left, so wouldn't have seen the size of Hope, which sprawls out towards castleton and onto the Edale road.

When you turned left, you face the mountains and would have seen the Lafarge cement works (not Hovis) on your left.

ok, I'm on for a guess .... it's Hope

As you drove in from Sheffield, the village seems small with a row of cottages on the right, including the spar and the church on your left. Here you turned left, so wouldn't have seen the size of Hope, which sprawls out towards castleton and onto the Edale road.

When you turned left, you face the mountains and would have seen the Lafarge cement works (not Hovis) on your left.

Can't be this as the OP said the building looked like a factory and had Hovis written on it.

Can't be this as the OP said the building looked like a factory and had Hovis written on it.
yeah, I know, just throwing ideas out there on the off chance that it was a long time ago and some of the details might be more in the mind than actually exist ... if that makes sense

Area 51, alco been doing some handy work out there recently with his pole:D

yeah, I know, just throwing ideas out there on the off chance that it was a long time ago and some of the details might be more in the mind than actually exist ... if that makes sense

It was around 3 years ago. Derbyshire could be the one?

I love driving random places too, it's a great way to explore test your back tracking and memory.

Must admit I was bored and curious so looked at all derbyshire villages with a spar, nisa & mccoys but didn't find what that fit the description.

I bet when you find it, it is totally different than your remember or you end up disappointed, things never seem as good as you remember them.

I love random driving, not long ago I came across a private airport near worksop, and also an abandoned building in Doncaster which we may have had a little explore around ;)

Never seen anything like it, the owners cars were still in the garage after 20 years of him leaving. It's a pretty interesting story.

There's an entire abandoned housing estate near Anston isn't there??

all the residents have 6 fingers on each hand

It's Stocksbridge!!! :D

---------- Post added 09-07-2016 at 19:10 ----------

all the residents have 6 fingers on each hand

It's Stocksbridge or Penistone!!! :D