Mac osx usb stick

evening as anyone got a mac osx usb stick home made is fine. Mavericks or above be great.

Cheers

I don't have one but I presume you mean one with the OS on it? If you need to reinstall the OS then you can probably make an appointment at the Apple Store. They did it for me when I installed a new hard drive.

Hiya

Try the following links:

Windows user: http://superuser.com/questions/383235/create-a-bootable-usb-drive-from-a-dmg-file-on-windows

MAC user: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201372

Or you can bring your computer to us, our engineers can have a look.

We're based in Walkley.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks guys, I had software on usb and bust my stick lol. But think im sorted now

cheers :)

Thanks guys, I had software on usb and bust my stick lol. But think im sorted now

cheers :)

Great stuff :thumbsup:

Anyone know if this is due to software or hard drive ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5SdhyWGcg8jRHBVQVJhZFdNX0U/view?usp=sharing

Need more info.

What version of OS X, and what type of Mac hardware (iMac, Mac Mini) and what year?

Is it an upgrade or a clean install?

imac 24" core2duo

clean install

and original Search Results

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard i know it will run higher software just wanted to install till i get newer software next week

imac 24" core2duo

clean install

and original Search Results

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard i know it will run higher software just wanted to install till i get newer software next week

Are you using the correct installation media that shipped with the iMac?

I've had problems when installing various Snow Leopard point releases onto certain Apple hardware. For example an install from a 10.6.1 DVD would fail but an install from 10.6.7 DVD with updated drivers would work.

And I've read that Mac Mini install DVDs don't work in iMacs, but I've not been able to confirm this.

Also, are you installing from an official install DVD and not a crippled upgrade-only DVD? I've just remembered that I have in my collection a special Snow Leopard 10.6 upgrade DVD that I ordered direct from Apple that literally is UPGRADE ONLY - a clean install will fail. It is different to my other installation DVDs in that it has the official Snow Leopard picture printed on the face of the DVD; it isn't the standard dark grey recovery DVD that Apple shippedwith their hardware.

Ive used this disc many times in past for fresh installs no problems :/ Used too have Mavericks on usb but i bust the stick.

Thought i had sorted it when i found this disc too pas me over till i get newer software but NO :( lol Ive tried making stick with transMac but not working

Ive used this disc many times in past for fresh installs no problems :/ Used too have Mavericks on usb but i bust the stick.

Thought i had sorted it when i found this disc too pas me over till i get newer software but NO :( lol Ive tried making stick with transMac but not working

if you've used the same disc on this Mac successfully before, then it could mean either the drive or the disc is failing.

I've had the internal optical drive fail in a few of my Macs now (affects my older core 2 duo macs, such as Mac Minis and iMacs, similar to yours), and the install procedure is demanding on the discs themselves, so check the disc isn't scratched and is readable.

I've always managed to work around this by booting from external USB optical drive with good installation media. Do you have access to an external DVD drive and another set of install discs?

Confused - I thought this thread was started by 'the dream' - naughty 'tattoo lady' has hijacked this thread! Mods, can you split? ;)