Scotland should the tail wag the dog

anyone know what the |EU money was spent on

Around here the failed Digital Region project, money which needs to be paid back, and apparently a new office block in Sheffield just to add to the many that are still empty. In Cornwall a great % went to his Highness Charles as he is the Duke of Cornwall and owns much of the land there as well as lots in other places.

---------- Post added 28-06-2016 at 19:26 ----------

---------- Post added 28-06-2016 at 19:06 ----------

i lived on the Moray Firth, well not on it, by it, for a number of years. The climate was like California, just that in California is summer all the time. Its like constant Autumn there.

Are there many midges there?

Nope. That is the North West.

Can I point out that the University of Sheffield has received hundreds of millions from the EU for groundbreaking research and innovation. One of the big receivers was the Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre, this creates jobs like crazy for the local economy through its spin-offs, I know several people who have started a business and created jobs via the AMRC.

Will be sad when the funding for it, or future expansion disappears, but hey, we voted now.

Around here the failed Digital Region project, money which needs to be paid back, and apparently a new office block in Sheffield just to add to the many that are still empty. In Cornwall a great % went to his Highness Charles as he is the Duke of Cornwall and owns much of the land there as well as lots in other places.

---------- Post added 28-06-2016 at 19:26 ----------

nope got the east coast of Scotland for them.

Scotland is only of benefit while the relationship is stable. Each time that Scotland looks to vote on the issue then that destabilises the union. IMO it would be reasonable for the rest of the UK to say "We are sick of you vacillating on this as it harms everyone else. Stay if you wish, but we will reduce the flow of money going to Scotland to be fair to everyone else in the union. We should not be subsidising you as we have done in the past. Accept that, or go."
I agree. Scotland gets £1600 p.a. per head more than England from the government. We are subsidising them.

I would suggest that, if Scotland does have another referendum, in the interests of fairness, it should be run in tandem with an English referendum: "Do you want Scotland to remain part of the UK".

---------- Post added 28-06-2016 at 20:30 ----------

Nope. That is the North West.

Can I point out that the University of Sheffield has received hundreds of millions from the EU for groundbreaking research and innovation. One of the big receivers was the Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre, this creates jobs like crazy for the local economy through its spin-offs, I know several people who have started a business and created jobs via the AMRC.

Will be sad when the funding for it, or future expansion disappears, but hey, we voted now.

Why keep spreading these myths. The University of Sheffield did not get money from the E.U. The E.U. only acted as a middleman and gave the U of S some of the money paid in by the UK (less its "admin fee", of course). Edited by rodnreeluk

I agree. Scotland gets £1600 p.a. per head more than England from the government. We are subsidising them.

I would suggest that, if Scotland does have another referendum, in the interests of fairness, it should be run in tandem with an English referendum: "Do you want Scotland to remain part of the UK".

---------- Post added 28-06-2016 at 20:30 ----------

Why keep spreading these myths. The University of Sheffield did not get money from the E.U. The E.U. only acted as a middleman and gave the U of S some of the money paid in by the UK (less its "admin fee", of course).

Sounds like a winner to me.

Why keep spreading these myths. The University of Sheffield did not get money from the E.U. The E.U. only acted as a middleman and gave the U of S some of the money paid in by the UK (less its "admin fee", of course).

Ah, an expert. I assume you worked on many EU funded research-projects in the past? It isn't just the money that comes with it, it is the infrastructure and the ability to research something cross border, with other European researchers.

Ah, an expert. I assume you worked on many EU funded research-projects in the past? It isn't just the money that comes with it, it is the infrastructure and the ability to research something cross border, with other European researchers.
Unlike you, I only post on subjects I know something about. I don't troll and comment on just about every post on the forum. To-date you have made 10,521 posts - you must think you are the font of all knowledge. :suspect::suspect:

Unlike you, I only post on subjects I know something about. I don't troll and comment on just about every post on the forum. To-date you have made 10,521 posts - you must think you are the font of all knowledge. :suspect::suspect:

I have worked on EU funded projects, so... unfortunately you found the wrong topic to call me a troll.

I would suggest that, if Scotland does have another referendum, in the interests of fairness, it should be run in tandem with an English referendum: "Do you want Scotland to remain part of the UK"

There has never been any suggestion that the English wanted to end the act of union with Scotland.

he must have an understanding employer too the amount of time he spends posting on here :suspect::hihi:

I have worked on EU funded projects, so... unfortunately you found the wrong topic to call me a troll.
So have I, so my comment stands. The difference is I didn't feel the need to try to impress people with my credentials. This is a public forum open for anyone to give their views/opinions without automatically being shouted down and abused by trolls and self-appointed experts like yourself. I suspect you must be retired as, due to the amount of time you spend on the forum, you can't have much time left for work.