Police ignoring drug dealers

Then you either live in a house with high walls and gates and/or have no immediate neighbours, or are wandering around with your eyes shut. Maybe the bit in bold is the clue.

You're right - it is rife - everywhere in Sheffield and it is not just the council estates, it is everywhere.

Or perhaps they're not really as ubiquitous as you think.

Maybe your experience isn't representative of everyone else in the country even!

yes i agree but is just hope for the best enough to protect our youngsters against this evil or should we be protected by the people we pay to protect us, they seem happy to announce when they catch a big haul of drugs but if they cracked down they could get more but in smaller ammounts. is it left alone because our prisons cant deal with them all ?

Well i truly believe the very first thing and most important thing we do is educate our children, as parents it is OUR responsibility to ensure we do everything we can to steer our children into the future equipt with as much knowledge as possible.. Secondly, school needs to play a massive role in the fight against drugs. The more we educate our children and they educate theirs then one day we may see an end to it.

What can we do about it now though? Of course in an ideal world we would have the people ''we pay'' to protect us against this but in all fairness how is that even possible? What would your suggestions be?

---------- Post added 23-06-2016 at 14:14 ----------

Likewise, I couldn't find a drugdealer if I wanted one.

The obvious answer is legalisation anyway, not spending yet more money on policing something that can't be stopped that way.

Very true...

How do you know the police are not covertly watching these dealers and building up sizeable evidence against them?

They raided a house near me that they had been watching for around 3 months not long ago so they know best time to raid it.

More evidence= more chance of a conviction which hopefully leads to a good prison sentence ,also they watch the lower chain dealers hoping it will lead to the bigger dealers

why are the police turning a blind eye to drug dealers on the estates of sheffield, im sure many others on here know of at least 3 drug dealers that work on there estate yet the police seem quite happy to let them carry on with their vile trade. without the supply of these drugs the crime rate would fall, young girls wouldnt have to go shoplifting or even sell their bodies to pay for their drugs. is this the type of city we are happy to raise our youngsters in knowing one day your young daughter or son could become a addict and have their lives ruined by these vile money grabbing low lifes that are not bothered what they sell the addict as long as they get their money. its time the police did the job they get well paid to do and give us all a safe city to live in

I assume you have reported your concerns to the police.

You see these young men in cars all over Sheffield ,they pull up to talk to groups of kids for a few minutes then deposit the usual litter and drinks bottles on the paths, a quick handshake and of to the next drop.

We can see them but for some reason the cops seem to not notice what is going on .

Possibly because they know they could put in hours of work to get convictions and someone else will set up in their place within a week. Prohibition is unwinnable.

How do you know the police are not covertly watching these dealers and building up sizeable evidence against them?

They raided a house near me that they had been watching for around 3 months not long ago so they know best time to raid it.

More evidence= more chance of a conviction which hopefully leads to a good prison sentence ,also they watch the lower chain dealers hoping it will lead to the bigger dealers

This is most likely to be the answer to your question. The small time dealers are them selves bait intentionally left alone so that the bigger fish can be caught. It`s obvious. Sprat to catch a Mackerel ring any bells with you OP.

Many years ago, one of my neighbours reported drug dealing taking place every night in a car park across the road. The police told her they knew about it and would sooner have it happening there, where they knew, than somewhere else that they didn't know about.

What is the point of that? I thought the police were supposed to enforce the law! Nowadays it is like the police make the law by choosing which to enforce and which to ignore.

Many years ago, one of my neighbours reported drug dealing taking place every night in a car park across the road. The police told her they knew about it and would sooner have it happening there, where they knew, than somewhere else that they didn't know about.

What is the point of that? I thought the police were supposed to enforce the law! Nowadays it is like the police make the law by choosing which to enforce and which to ignore.

Have you actually read any posts on this thread ?

---------- Post added 23-06-2016 at 16:57 ----------

Read the above post and give it a little thought......

Have you actually read any posts on this thread ?
Yes, all of them! Have you?

Read the above post and give it a little thought......
The point I was making was that the police gave my neighbour the impression they had no intention of taking action.

Yes, all of them! Have you?

The point I was making was that the police gave my neighbour the impression they had no intention of taking action.

How do you know they didn't take action - I doubt they would think to inform you.