Jo Cox MP shot and stabbed; has died

The political establishment seem to want to use her murder to silence critique about politicians in general.

It didn't take long for the conspiracy theorists to get on board.

It didn't take long for the conspiracy theorists to get on board.

I was surprised at the reopening of Parliament.

Very sad, I heard that she intervened in an argument, nothing to do with politics at all.

You heard that, did you? Another one of the voices in your head?

The witnesses said it was an elderly bloke who intervened to help her. He's still in hospital. The fact that Mair is a white supremacist with links to neo-Nazis in South Africa and the USA obviously means he has nothing to do with politics. From what you've heard, of course.

---------- Post added 18-06-2016 at 08:36 ----------

I was surprised at the reopening of Parliament.

Why?

"Parliament will be recalled on Monday to pay tribute as vigils were held in Cox’s constituency and around the country".

Are MPs not supposed to pay their own tributes?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/18/thomas-mair-charged-with-of-mp-jo-cox

Mair has now been charged with multiple crimes including Jo's murder so probably best to lock till post trial?

Indeed. It would be utterly disgusting if this became part of a political campaign. The funeral hasn't even happened.

I notice some papers are already hinting that the national political backdrop is relevant to what happened. How the hell can they know. I really, really hate politics and the media in this country.

You heard that, did you? Another one of the voices in your head?

Why?

"Parliament will be recalled on Monday to pay tribute as vigils were held in Cox’s constituency and around the country".

Are MPs not supposed to pay their own tributes?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/18/thomas-mair-charged-with-of-mp-jo-cox

Just telling you what I heard, no need for insults. I heard that she intervened in an argument.

MPs, and many more have been paying their tributes. Are they going to discuss any issues, perhaps a little more time for emotions to pass would be best.

The telegraph,mail and mirror are all reporting on their sites this morning that he asked for help the night before but was asked to come back, sorry can't post link, on mobile

The telegraph,mail and mirror are all reporting on their sites this morning that he asked for help the night before but was asked to come back, sorry can't post link, on mobile

Yes of course the white controlled media is going to paint this guy out to be some 'nut case' and loner blah blah.

It's sad but this is what happens when right wing nut jobs fear monger. Other right wing nut jobs take it seriously and act on fear and hate born of ignorance.

This is right wing politically motivated terrorism, no question

This is right wing politically motivated terrorism, no question

It would appear so, as he's just given his name in court as "death to traitors, freedom for Britain." I wonder when the Daily Mail will start calling him a terrorist rather than a mentally ill loner (not that the two are mutually exclusive, obviously)

As Thomas Mair has now been officially charged this thread is now being closed for the legal process to occur as it should. Do not make a new thread regarding this.