Jo Cox MP shot and stabbed; has died

Stabbed and shot. Terrible.

'Britain First' shouted apparently.

Oh my word... Flashbacks of brutal political murders that took place in the Netherlands. I hope she makes it. Looks like they did arrest the culprit.

---------- Post added 16-06-2016 at 15:04 ----------

'Britain First' shouted apparently.

That is about as relevant as the gay Muslim claiming to commit the Orlando shootings in Orlando. This thread should not be about that angle at all. Sick bar stewards exist and will commit sick crimes in whatever name.

I really hope she makes it... She's got two young kids at home that need her :(

Anybody making political points on this thread will find their accounts suspended. Show some respect please.

Truly horrific incident ... hope she pulls through. My thoughts are with her young family.

After this attack there may be calls for MPs to be guarded - however I would caution against that as MPs need to be accessible. However, like everyone else, they should exercise caution & stay safe.

Hope this lady will be okay.

BBC report summarises her details:

Mrs Cox, 41, has been in Parliament for little over a year

She's married with two children

She graduated from Cambridge University in 1995

She went on to be head of policy for Oxfam and work as an adviser for former Labour prime minister Gordon Brown's wife, Sarah, and Baroness Kinnock

She's a Remain supporter in the referendum

Ms Cox is due to celebrate her 42nd birthday next Wednesday.

After this attack there may be calls for MPs to be guarded - however I would caution against that as MPs need to be accessible. However, like everyone else, they should exercise caution & stay safe.

Hope this lady will be okay.

Some of them are guarded, but only the high-target ones I guess. If you ever see a red police car in London, it's the Diplomatic Protection Group. I've seen one in Sheffield before.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for her.

This could have been a personal attack and not a politically motivated one... no one knows yet.

Truly shocking incident, hope she makes a speedy recovery......:(