Steel workers of steel city

Hi I have herd amazing stories and hard work steel workers went through and how tough the job was. I would love to hear from other steel workers during the 1960's and whether they may have known my father who was a yemeni, as I know that many yemenies worked in the steel industry.

Thank you:)

Hi I have herd amazing stories and hard work steel workers went through and how tough the job was. I would love to hear from other steel workers during the 1960's and whether they may have known my father who was a yemeni, as I know that many yemenies worked in the steel industry.

Thank you:)

What's his name then ?

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know any information of any yemenies working as steel workers, the steel worker lived at penistone and then carlisle rd.

thank you

Not many steelworkers lived in Penistone, Penistone Road perhaps and as for Carlisle Road, (Grimesthorpe) had Yemenis, Somalis employed at English Steel, Firth- Vickers, Firth-Brown, and along Newhall Road going to Brown-Bayley, Sanderson-Kayser.

Not many steelworkers lived in Penistone, Penistone Road perhaps and as for Carlisle Road, (Grimesthorpe) had Yemenis, Somalis employed at English Steel, Firth- Vickers, Firth-Brown, and along Newhall Road going to Brown-Bayley, Sanderson-Kayser.

There were lots of foreign workers in Grimesthorpe Abdul he went on to open a cafe at page hall star cafe that's got its own thread on here lol it was later taken over by an Arab called Ali he could knock em out stood for no nonsense him !

Did anyone know a yemeni man that went by the name abdul, sorry i cant say the full name publicly due to confidentiality but I am able to say the name in a private message.

Other information is that he had a young son at the time late 1960s/ early 70s

Thank you