South Yorks Police in trouble again

I don't believe any of that there is always hope 25 years means nothing he could be found at anytime and I really hope he is,it's wrong to say there isn't any hope when Bens family may read this.

Say he is found. I dont think he will be but lets say he is. Then what?

Not a classy comment.

It makes common sense for the Police to use resources to investigate the 140 thousand children who go missing in the UK each year rather than divert resources to a mystery which happened 20 years ago on foreign soil and already has been heavily investigated.

I won't be taking any pointers from you on the quality of posts.

I repeat you go and tell his mother that were very sorry, it was something that took place a long time ago and it was somewhere else.

One of her particular complaints has been the vast amount of resource deployed in relation to the McCann case - some of that authorised at the level of the Prime Minister whereas in the case of Ben whose parents did not have the ability to fund a press representative and orchestrate a campaign to locate the child nor persuade the authorities to properly investigate. She has had to keep going very much on her own.

You have the gall to hide behind your keyboard and tell her to forget it.

Not very classy at all.

Wtf do you think ?

Rather than posting it for others to read and presumably respond to, why don't you have a stab at answering it yourself?

But I will have go to maybe set the ball rolling and your intellectual juices flowing....

Tell him that his real mother would like to see him would seem to be a sensible start don't your think?

Then they would get some social workers to assess him and based on his feedback they could arrange fro him to be reuninted with his family if that is what he wants.

They would also report back t his mother that they had found him and what had happened to him in the intervening period plus what his views were on returning to the UK.

The police would also be able to tell his mother what proceedings would be taken against the people who had abducted him.

The fact of finding him alive would be an enormous relief for the mother as well as and knowing what happened would help her to lose a lot of the guilt she will have carried.

Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

Well you gave him more time than I would.

Wtf do you think ?

There really is no need to swear. Dont use someone else's grief as an excuse to talk to others in a disrespectful manner.

Say he is found.

Ask yourself this, Does he want to be found and have his life turned upside down.

Is it possible he already knows who he is and Wants to live with the family that he grew up with if indeed he was abducted for adoption and not some other nastier reason

If he knows his real identity or discovers it through this new investigation, would he want his family adoptive imprisoned for his abduction?

He could end up hating his biological mum for helping to rip his life apart.

Or he could be happy and want to move to Sheffield and start a new life with his real mum.

So ill repeat what I said.

Then what?

---------- Post added 13-05-2016 at 16:32 ----------

Well you gave him more time than I would.

Oooooh, aren't you butch. So scary :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 13-05-2016 at 16:34 ----------

Then they would get some social workers to assess him and based on his feedback they could arrange fro him to be reuninted with his family if that is what he wants.

They would also report back t his mother that they had found him and what had happened to him in the intervening period plus what his views were on returning to the UK.

The police would also be able to tell his mother what proceedings would be taken against the people who had abducted him.

The fact of finding him alive would be an enormous relief for the mother as well as and knowing what happened would help her to lose a lot of the guilt she will have carried.

Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

It is not. You just 'think' it is because you are not in control of your reactions. Hence your post.

Sure, but SYP have got a bad reputation right now, whether deservedly so or not.

So the one thing you don't do is give your critics any more ammunition; and I'm afraid these officers have done that.

No they don't have a bad reputation.

They are facing investigation for some alleged inconsistencies and continue to do the job they are paid to do - and a good job they do too.

I won't be taking any pointers from you on the quality of posts.

I repeat you go and tell his mother that were very sorry, it was something that took place a long time ago and it was somewhere else.

One of her particular complaints has been the vast amount of resource deployed in relation to the McCann case - some of that authorised at the level of the Prime Minister whereas in the case of Ben whose parents did not have the ability to fund a press representative and orchestrate a campaign to locate the child nor persuade the authorities to properly investigate. She has had to keep going very much on her own.

You have the gall to hide behind your keyboard and tell her to forget it.

Not very classy at all.

I am not hiding any where, have no gall and am not telling Ben's Mother to forget anything. I live in the real World are know Police resources are not limitless and they should to be prioritised using common sense. Sooner or later someone will tell Ben's Mother there is nothing more they can do.

I note you haven't commented about the 140 thousand children who go missing every year in the UK and many will have parents who don't have the ability or means to sought publicity.

I note your keyboard skills have improved and you have finally figured out how to use the quote tool. Well done, you are slightly more intelligent than I previously thought. :thumbsup:

I wonder whose version of common sense you think should be applied - yours ? Mine ? That is no way to operate as well you know.

The police do have limited resources - they also have to maintain the trust of the public they serve - The fact is this case is of great significance in South Yorkshire, it remains unresolved and you nor I know whether the have new material which they thought warranted a visit back to the area and the raising of awareness again as to what occurred. If that was the intention it has most certainly worked.

I am more than happy that SYP are continuing to seek answers as to where this boy went. If it was my child I would expect the same. Wouldn't you?

When the time comes to tell his mum there is nothing else to be done they can call you can they ?

I wonder whose version of common sense you think should be applied - yours ? Mine ? That is no way to operate as well you know.

The police do have limited resources - they also have to maintain the trust of the public they serve - The fact is this case is of great significance in South Yorkshire, it remains unresolved and you nor I know whether the have new material which they thought warranted a visit back to the area and the raising of awareness again as to what occurred. If that was the intention it has most certainly worked.

I am more than happy that SYP are continuing to seek answers as to where this boy went. If it was my child I would expect the same. Wouldn't you?

When the time comes to tell his mum there is nothing else to be done they can call you can they ?

I have a plentiful supply of commen sense, while you have very little common sense, so it's a no brainer is the answer to your question.

I am not here to bash South Yorkshire Police. There are good cops and bad cops in every force. The South Yorkshire Police as an whole have been over criticised regarding Hillsborough and have not be criticised enough regarding the Rotherham scandal in my opinion.

The priority of the South Yorkshire Police force should be to solve current crimes in the South Yorksire area and not waste valuable resources and taxpayers money on a nearly 25 year old mystery that occurred on foreign soil. Those South Yorkshire Police Officers who are still drinking in a bar on an holiday Island after midnight, when they are supposedly conducting enquires at 7.30 the next morning are clearly prioritising their own social activities first.

You continue to lack class by bringing up the subject of telling Ben's mother, while still ignoring the issue of the 140 thousand children who go missing each year in the UK. If I had a magic wand, then I would make Ben reappear, but I live in the real World and not your fantasy land, so know that is not going to happen.

I have a plentiful supply of commen sense, while you have very little common sense, so it's a no brainer is the answer to your question.

You continue to lack class by bringing up the subject of telling Ben's mother, while still ignoring the issue of the 140 thousand children who go missing each year in the UK. If I had a magic wand, then I would make Ben reappear, but I live in the real World and not your fantasy land, so know that is not going to happen.

Anyone who continually spouts about how much common sense they claim to have is rather odd.

Your just a self satisfied, self congratulatory smug troll. When it comes to the nitty gritty you don't like it and complain about the lack of class (whatever that is) of the person pointing something out.

I wonder how you would feel if it was one of your children.