Women who walks her dog in the road

There is a lady I've seen in Worksop who seems to do a daily cycle ride with 2 sheep dogs by her side, but not on leads.

All fine and dandy away from roads, but then she cycles on the road through the middle of a busy industrial estate and crosses a busy road like this too. The dogs are impressive in that they stay close to her side, but I've seem them almost run in front of vehicles once or twice trying to get ahead.

I have 2 dogs and although we've had them since puppies and know they are trustworthy, have good recall etc. I would never put them or others in danger by taking stupid risks like this or the OP's story. :loopy:

Maybe she walks in the road so if the dog poops she doesn't have to clean it up? Who knows? I was reading an article yesterday about a man who was jailed for repeatedly standing in the middle of the road, silently. Upon his release from prison, he immediately went back and stood in the road in front of the prison again.

I don't like walking my dog in the road when there is no path, he is daft and won't stay on my right hand side.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/05/man-jailed-for-silently-standing-in-front-of-traffic-repeatedly-5797008/

I must admit, I did chuckle.

I can beat this!

Where I used to live on Crookes/Walkley, one of my neighbours used to take her pet cockatiel for a 'fly'. I kid you not … she controlled it by holding a length of string attached to one of it's feet, and let it fly around in circles, both (often) in the garden and on the street.

A very eccentric woman who was often visited by the boys in blue for public disturbance stuff. Think she was sectioned in the end. I felt sorry for her.

It seems to be a common thing in Sheffield, I thought it was a Stocksbridge thing but I've moved and the locals also walk down the middle of the road for no reason. I could understand it if it was icy because the paths aren't gritted.

I've never seen anybody doing this, so it can't be all that common.

I can beat this!

Where I used to live on Crookes/Walkley, one of my neighbours used to take her pet cockatiel for a 'fly'. I kid you not … she controlled it by holding a length of string attached to one of it's feet, and let it fly around in circles, both (often) in the garden and on the street.

A very eccentric woman who was often visited by the boys in blue for public disturbance stuff. Think she was sectioned in the end. I felt sorry for her.

Was she called Polly?

I can beat this!

I know her she lived on Hoole Street just above Walkley Street her parrot used to fly free, it was called Gaffer.

I know her she lived on Hoole Street just above Walkley Street her parrot used to fly free, it was called Gaffer.

That's the one … Gaffer! She lived on Bates Street when I knew her though (about ten years ago). Same neck of the woods.