People in cars should wear crash helmets

Would you need a windscreen or windows if everyone was wearing helmets? I t would br uncomfortable in winter, but it could save lives and that should be the priority.

Good question, no idea.

Indeed, but you don't tend to have bits of metal, or other humans in seats (or even a steamed up windscreen) blocking your view like you do in a car.

But possibly a rain affected visor, terrible lane discipline, a right to undertake push to the front of traffic queues, jump red lights, create new lanes, weave between lanes and have your reactions affected by the cold due to not being surrounded by glass,metal and other human beings.

just dont drive, or fly in planes....or even breathe, problem solved ;)

just dont drive, or fly in planes....or even breathe, problem solved ;)

Now you are just being silly.

But possibly a rain affected visor, terrible lane discipline, a right to undertake push to the front of traffic queues, jump red lights, create new lanes, weave between lanes and have your reactions affected by the cold due to not being surrounded by glass,metal and other human beings.

Bit of a bee in the bonnet have we?

Whether car, bicycle or motorcyclist, lorry, bus, or any other kind of vehicles there are good and bad drivers.

I'm answering the question about crash helmets in cars, and how they might affect drivers. Not arguing about which demographic is worse on the road.

Bit of a bee in the bonnet have we?

Whether car, bicycle or motorcyclist, lorry, bus, or any other kind of vehicles there are good and bad drivers.

I'm answering the question about crash helmets in cars, and how they might affect drivers. Not arguing about which demographic is worse on the road.

No bee in bonnet but if I did I would don a crash helmet before trying to extract it. Thought I would just generalise about bike riders same as you were about car drivers having steamed up windows etc.

How would I talk on my phone and eat my KFC while wearing a helmet?

You could spear the delicious juicy piece of deep fried chicken breast on the spike in front of you, and tear smaller pieces off. These could either be slid under the chinguard (the second time there will be better lubrication form the first piece's grease) or adjust the helmet a little and pop each peice in?

Or...... you could get an open face helmet? Momo do quite a stylish one.

---------- Post added 20-02-2016 at 11:20 ----------

That's an excellent question. And what if they hit a pedestrian whilst wearing that helmet? Surely they'd caused more damage to an innocent child was getting an ice cream. Time to start a campaign to make helmets illegal on motorbikes and pushbikes. Won't someone think of the children?

What about the innocent children wearing helmets? That could work. And cotton wool. Everyone should be wrappen in cotton wool.

---------- Post added 20-02-2016 at 11:21 ----------

Indeed, but you don't tend to have bits of metal, or other humans in seats (or even a steamed up windscreen) blocking your view like you do in a car.

Aircon sorts this out...

No bee in bonnet but if I did I would don a crash helmet before trying to extract it. Thought I would just generalise about bike riders same as you were about car drivers having steamed up windows etc.

I wasn't generalising, I was listing things that affect vision in a car, I know this because I drive a car, as well as a van, and a motorcycle.

I am fully aware of the difference in visibility in these different vehicles, that's not generalising about a specific demographic, that's merely pointing out a relevant difficulty in relation to the OP's question.

---------- Post added 20-02-2016 at 11:26 ----------

Aircon sorts this out...

Not all cars have Aircon, not all Aircon is that good. and that doesn't affect the lack of visibility of the great chunk of metal holding the roof on.

have we reached the point yet where being wrapped in privatised nhs cotton wool, chaperoned by an armed member of ghcq to our pre-assigned place of work for sustenance is being touted as a good idea?

Are we there yet? or still on our way?

Now you are just being silly.

think the thread started off being silly ;)

The driver can wear a hi viz numbered tabard as well as a helmet. Problem solved.

Or maybe the kind of head protectors amateur boxers wear.

Silly idea though.

---------- Post added 20-02-2016 at 12:41 ----------

Maybe it could be law that you have to carry the same number of helmets in your car as you have seats, with maybe one extra for emergencies?

Aye...You could have a glass box fixed somewhere in a car with a little hammer to smash in emergencies.:D

Or maybe the kind of head protectors amateur boxers wear.

Silly idea though.

Would that protect people from sharp pointy objects? No I think a similar set up to an F1 driver, or maybe even a fighter pilot's helmet.