Where / Who can I complain to about school works?

Ghozer

So, they decided to open two new schools, one of them is on the site of the former Pye Bank school....

There's vans, trucks, cars and lorrys all over the place, they have been arriving all night, keeping me awake with the engines and BEEP BEEP reversing sounds etc...

it's absolute chaos...

now, I knew the site was nominated, and when it was decided I heard about that also, but there was nothing put through the door about where to express concerns etc, no info on who to contact should there be any issues around the area during the work etc...

so, for the foreseeable future, there will be workers banging around all day, trucks and vans etc coming and going at all hours, and then when the work is complete, a reasonably quiet area, will then be noisy, especially in summer with my window open, i'll hear nothing but screaming kids 5 times a day... :S

So, who / where can I complain to?

First about the noise and sheer amount of workmen and vehicles etc...

and secondly, about my concerns regarding once the school is open...

Looks like i'm going to look into moving :/

complaining on this forum will have exactly the same effect as taking it to the highest court in the land,nothing will happen, a school has been on that site for over one hundred years,consider moving but don't ask me an area of Sheffield that does not have traffic noise or screaming kids.Ever considered noise cancelling head phones.

complaining on this forum will have exactly the same effect as taking it to the highest court in the land,nothing will happen, a school has been on that site for over one hundred years,consider moving but don't ask me an area of Sheffield that does not have traffic noise or screaming kids.Ever considered noise cancelling head phones.

the building hasn't been a school since 2004 I think, there was rumors around the area that it was going to be turned into apartments originally....

but it's more the fact of the noise that's going on, and will be during the building work... :S

the building hasn't been a school since 2004 I think, there was rumors around the area that it was going to be turned into apartments originally....

but it's more the fact of the noise that's going on, and will be during the building work... :S

I would start with the Council's planning department. On construction schemes I've been involved with the planning permission usually has very specific constraints on the times at which construction and deliveries can take place, and noise levels that are allowed. I presume that the same applies on all schemes. You should be able to find out what these are, and complain if they are working outside these times.

and then when the work is complete, a reasonably quiet area, will then be noisy, especially in summer with my window open, i'll hear nothing but screaming kids 5 times a day... :S

get a banner and stand out side the school saying , i hate kids as there noisy:thumbsup:

and then when the work is complete, a reasonably quiet area, will then be noisy, especially in summer with my window open, i'll hear nothing but screaming kids 5 times a day... :S

get a banner and stand out side the school saying , i hate kids as there noisy:thumbsup:

I don't have a problem with kids, I have a problem with noise.... that and there's 3 schools already within 5 minutes (or less) walk from here....

I don't have a problem with kids, I have a problem with noise.... that and there's 3 schools already within 5 minutes (or less) walk from here....

There aren't 3 secondary schools with spare places within 5 minutes walk of you though

I think it is great that such a grand building is going to be reused for the purpose it was originally built for

So, they decided to open two new schools, one of them is on the site of the former Pye Bank school....

There's vans, trucks, cars and lorrys all over the place, they have been arriving all night, keeping me awake with the engines and BEEP BEEP reversing sounds etc...

it's absolute chaos...

now, I knew the site was nominated, and when it was decided I heard about that also, but there was nothing put through the door about where to express concerns etc, no info on who to contact should there be any issues around the area during the work etc...

so, for the foreseeable future, there will be workers banging around all day, trucks and vans etc coming and going at all hours, and then when the work is complete, a reasonably quiet area, will then be noisy, especially in summer with my window open, i'll hear nothing but screaming kids 5 times a day... :S

First about the noise and sheer amount of workmen and vehicles etc...

and secondly, about my concerns regarding once the school is open...

Looks like i'm going to look into moving :/

Come and join us out in the sticks, only noise we get is bird song, tranquillity every day.

Angel1.