Safari browser problem

davyboy

today I got the following :

Your current Mac browser won't allow you access to all the awesome RecipeSearch features :(

You can give Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox a try. It's a snap and you will then be able to enjoy all the greatness that RecipeSearch has to offer.

Could SKS explain simply why this is?

Is that a message you got on going to a website?

If so it's either

a) the site uses features only supported on Chrome and Firefox (I can't think of anything that Safari wouldn't handle)

or more likely

b) they only test against Chrome and Firefox so display that message to any other browser (tut tut) in an effort to claim no responsibility for the site not working properly in other browsers

This at the bottom of the page

Did you know...

...that we are working hard to update our support to include Safari? In the meantime, give Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox a whirl. Or switch to a Windows PC and give it another try.

If: I go to this page

http://free.downloadrecipesearch.com/index.jhtml

It throws me back to the original message in my first post.

If I use firefox then it works.

Edited by davyboy

Ah, now I've followed the link I see the problem.

The page wants to install a toolbar; the toolbar only works in Chrome and Firefox, so if you are using any other browser it chucks you off.

In all honesty, unless you really really need it, I'd avoid downloading it at all even if you had a browser it supported.

I can't log in to my eon account from safari browser it always says something to do with the website not been secure. I have tried clearing all the usual stuff and. I can access the website from the same Mac by switching to Firefox!

The page wants to install a toolbar; the toolbar only works in Chrome and Firefox, so if you are using any other browser it chucks you off.

In all honesty, unless you really really need it, I'd avoid downloading it at all even if you had a browser it supported.

Thank you. I thought it was just access to the website!

Toolbars are basically malware. Any site that wants you to install one should be treated as totally untrustworthy.