Should guys who did drug experiment get compensation?

Looking through the responses here, it seems that people are divided about the question of compensation, and whether or not it should be paid. The only other thing I would like to add is thanks to everyone who has expressed an opinion, and no doubt this debate will probably rage until either the guys are given compensation, due to negligence, or whatever reason they use, then I predict another thread will be started, or it is proved that all the tests carried out where legitimate, and the guys are refused compensation. Either way, I suspect that the dust will take a long time to settle on this particular case.

Looking through the responses here, it seems that people are divided about the question of compensation, and whether or not it should be paid.

Doesn't look like an even split. Would have been interesting to have had a poll

Just heard on news that the guys who were paid to do drug experiments, the ones that went wrong a few weeks ago, are trying to get compensation. Is it just me who disagrees with this. After all they did go into the experiments knowing tht it was the 'unknown' and thats the reason they call them experiments, and were paid for it.

This doesn't mean that I don't sympathise with these guys, or their families, but surely this was their decision after all.

Hi

I do drugs trials for a company in Nottingham and i do NOT think they should get compensation.

You have to sign a form before each trial to say that you understand there are risks even though they are one in millions.

Let's not forget that this is an extreme case the like of which has never happened in Britain and probably will never happen again.

I consider what i do to benefit people in the future and this one off incident will not stop me doing more trials.

Hi

I do drugs trials for a company in Nottingham and i do NOT think they should get compensation.

You have to sign a form before each trial to say that you understand there are risks even though they are one in millions.

Let's not forget that this is an extreme case the like of which has never happened in Britain and probably will never happen again.

I consider what i do to benefit people in the future and this one off incident will not stop me doing more trials.

Well thanks for your post Knighty, its good that someone has replied that actually takes part in these trials, and can actually shed some light on what exactly happens, regarding risk assesments, signing things etc. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Cases like this would be a regular occurrence if the animal rights extremists got their way and banned all animal testing. We probably wouldn't hear about it though as tests would be carried out in the third world.

well they are now, but you don't know the kid, who cares (i do actually care), what i mean is they havent even got adequate water or food in many of these countries. If this case got to court i'd fire the judge.