Is anybody having problems with Eastglade mental health centre

susie sue

i had an assesment done there before xmas, what a load of garbage said because i was showing no signs of a manic at that time they were unwilling to treat for bipolar got the letter today problem was 2 weeks after assesment manic hit which i knew was coming and i managed to blow £4000 on credit cards waste of space if you ask me wont be going back there again advised some talking therapy and to see my g.p for an increase in my antidepressants best part is it took me longer to get into the room with my wheelchair than it did the so called assesment where he asked me about my life story in 30 mins and then tried to give me an answer

• 2 weeks later...

The cuts to mental health services have meant that only the very very poorly patients are being prioritised. The days of preventative help are I'm afraid gone (unless you are already in receipt of services)

As for knowing that you're about to have a manic episode, usually if you have a DiAGNOSED bi-polar disorder, a care plan has already been established to reduce your anti depressant medication, not increase it! Sorry, but if you choose to over spend on a credit card, that is your responsibility, no one else's.

• 1 month later...

My son as been under them for 4yr he is no better now than he was then they tell him to go a walk or keep occupied he walks constantly never rest even at night they call it acethaisia he went into the ngh hospital they just piled him with drugs like a zombie when he came out He not one to complain so they think he is ok, but the phone calls we have off him tells a different story WHAT do you have to do to get proper help

• 6 years later...
5 hours ago, dorothybrooks86 said:

Susie Sue thankyou  I wrote a letter of com0laint to East Glade Feb  no answer 6 months  asked for an emergency Dr Tuesday  no one helped Saturday my son was dead

Oh my God, that's awful. So sorry for your loss x