Central heating timer/thermostat

I had a new boiler fitted a couple of years ago, and the plumber also fitted me a new battery operated timer /thermostat,

But for the life of me i cant figure out how it works, the booklet that it comes with is so damn complicated.

So my question, could i buy a another simpler switch that is also battery operated, and just use that, and would it be compatible with my boiler?

my boiler and timer are both Vaillant

Hi you can change the timer/thermostat for a different brand and i do know some of the vaillant stats are not very user friendly for customers to get on with, i have had a few complains from people in your situation with the vaillant kit cheers jon at JB Heating Services.

Hi you can change the timer/thermostat for a different brand and i do know some of the vaillant stats are not very user friendly for customers to get on with, i have had a few complains from people in your situation with the vaillant kit cheers jon at JB Heating Services.

Thanks for all the help guys....

Damn your right about not being user friendly.. Spent ages reading the booklet, and still no wiser, even let my son in law have a read, and he is usually good with things like that..

Not sure what model it is, but def a valiant make.. I will try to contact the plumber and see what he says first ...

Thanks

Is it a salus one ?

We've got one of those, takes a while to program as there's a fair few options but all you need to know is printed on the inside of the cover so it's fairly easy.

Total sod when you turn the electric off and loose the settings, especially when you've got it 'just so'

Is it a salus one ?

Mine is a vaillant vrt350f.....

I just want to use it on a manual setting, but i dont think you can just have it on manual:mad:

i think you can only use it on timer setting, and then change the temperature in between the chosen times and temp....

So what i have done, is move the setting and temp to very very early morning, and very very late at night, so i think i should be able to use it in a sort of manual way all through the day...:huh:

I called the plumber who fitted the system, and he said if i wanted to change the timer, then an electrician would have to wire a different sensor into the boiler, to match my a new timer, he wasnt overly helpful, but then again it was over two years ago :)

We've got one of those, takes a while to program as there's a fair few options but all you need to know is printed on the inside of the cover so it's fairly easy.

Total sod when you turn the electric off and loose the settings, especially when you've got it 'just so'

HI dont think you should loose any settings if you turn power off battery should take over . Do you need a new battery in programmer. Aso goole how to set a valiant programmer this should help step by step

HI dont think you should loose any settings if you turn power off battery should take over . Do you need a new battery in programmer. Aso goole how to set a valiant programmer this should help step by step

The thermostat has a battery backup but I didn't think the programmer unit did.

Might have to check, I know the batteries for the thermostat are running low it keeps flashing at me