Men and women : why relationships can generate so many arguments.

I don't think it's necessarily gender specific. Some female friends of mine use far more factual analysis in their relationships than others. I agree though it is a source of argument in relationships/friendships in general. Personally I tend to avoid overly emotional people, in both friendships and relationships. They get on my wick.

The biggest (I would even say the sole) reason for arguments in my relationship is that I don't always realise that I am wrong until my better half has told me so (at increasingly louder volume) at least 3 or 4 times

I disagree it's all about breakdown in communication that causes arguments, take it a step further back and think about why there was a breakdown in communication in the first place. Facts and feelings are all part of the issue, but they always are and it's something we deal with every day - that shouldn't mean we argue every day.

I think the bigger cause is a lack of willingness to compromise these days. The arguments occur because neither side is willing to back down from their point of view, for the sake of the relationship.

I have many a time backed down and apologised to my other half in spite of really believing I am right and an apology isn't needed. I know she does this sometimes too.

I guess the question is, how valuable is the relationship in the first place? Worth arguing your facts/feelings everytime or better to forget and get on with life.

I disagree it's all about breakdown in communication that causes arguments, take it a step further back and think about why there was a breakdown in communication in the first place. Facts and feelings are all part of the issue, but they always are and it's something we deal with every day - that shouldn't mean we argue every day.

I think the bigger cause is a lack of willingness to compromise these days. The arguments occur because neither side is willing to back down from their point of view, for the sake of the relationship.

I have many a time backed down and apologised to my other half in spite of really believing I am right and an apology isn't needed. I know she does this sometimes too.

I guess the question is, how valuable is the relationship in the first place? Worth arguing your facts/feelings everytime or better to forget and get on with life.

:hihi: They never forget.

Me and the OH argue ALL THE TIME! and I don't mean bicker! I mean argue.... over the smallest of things too.

We are one of those couples that will be screaming at each other one minute and the next we'll be cuddled up on the settee watching a film and laughing like that argument never happened..

The trouble with us is he's never wrong and I'm always right! :)

Most arguments in this household are actually about actions, not opinions. Why did you do that, or why didn't you do that.

Most arguments in this household are actually about actions, not opinions. Why did you do that, or why didn't you do that.

Sounds familiar!

I'll put good money on it that you are the one who normally asks her why she did something and she's the one who normally asks you why you didn't so something.. haha ;)

Me and the OH argue ALL THE TIME! and I don't mean bicker! I mean argue.... over the smallest of things too.

We are one of those couples that will be screaming at each other one minute and the next we'll be cuddled up on the settee watching a film and laughing like that argument never happened..

The trouble with us is he's never wrong and I'm always right! :)

See, I always think couples who argue are the ones that stick. Cause communication lol :hihi:

See, I always think couples who argue are the ones that stick. Cause communication lol :hihi:

Absolutely!

You see, the trick to a good argument is in the pronunciation of your words. Speak loud and clear with conviction. Never pause, never find yourself searching for things to say! if it's not already on the edge of your tongue then you don't need to use it. Never curse! Never swear and NEVER get personal. You need to remember that your opponent must be outwitted mentally not physically!

If you do find yourself being out witted on every level by the OH and have nowhere else to turn then graciously admit defeat and agree to let it drop....

but remember ladies! ALWAYS make a note in the back of your mind of how you lost this argument, what did he say to clinch the winners title? remember the words he used, the reasoning behind his argument and just wait... and wait... and wait until the day he slips up and contradicts himself!! because he will - and this is when you STRIKE!!! NEVER let it drop.... NEVER SURRENDER!!! :rant:

:hihi::hihi:

Sounds familiar!

I'll put good money on it that you are the one who normally asks her why she did something and she's the one who normally asks you why you didn't so something.. haha ;)

You could well be correct, although I get into trouble for posting photos on facebook that don't have her approval, that can cause an instant explosion.

You could well be correct, although I get into trouble for posting photos on facebook that don't have her approval, that can cause an instant explosion.

Three topics are banned in our house

1, Facebook (I'm on it and he's not)

2, Politics

3, What I spend my money on