Woodbine cigarettes

Thanks for that, Greybeard. What a nasty person you’ve turned out to be! I like the ‘typeface’ (new English for ‘fount’ but old English for ‘font’) so much that I’m currently looking for it. Wish me luck — our CD font library has just over 25,000 of ’em, and I’m betting I don’t have it! Looks to me like a design exclusively for Three Castles. Nice to see it though, absolutely beautiful — if fonts can be so described.

Looks to me like a design exclusively for Three Castles. Nice to see it though, absolutely beautiful — if fonts can be so described.

I think there's some artistic licence on the cover of the packet. The 's' in the printing on the side looks quite conventional.

Greybeard, there’s certainly some poetic licence in Three Castles. I scanned the illustration and left the computer to match it up — but nothing! What a pity. The one thing I’m no good as it is fontography — but I know someone who is!

Welcome to online tobacco shop!

Good taste and low price!

Marlboro, Winston, Camel, Benson&Hedges are only $9.95

Many other brands are available as well!

Visit us at -- top-cigarettes.com

I don't recall the machines but in the early 50's my dad smoked Woodbine and Mum smoked ParkDrive,little cigs with no tips, they must have killed the throat,did you ever smoke Craven'A'?

I have an old tin sign that say's " For your throat's sake Smoke Craven 'A' they never vary - from the picture it looks like they have tips on.

dad smoked woodbine and for christmas one year my brother and i bought 5, a pack of polo mints and a shaving stick, we took everything out of their packets and filled a brown paper sack, this made it look like he had more!! only trouble was that the cigs tasted like minty soap.we also gave mom black majic chocolates, only because we knew she didn't like them and that way we would get to eat them all! was a lot of fun being a poor kid.

when i was younger i was told that woodbines were 10% bacca & 90%marmalade leaves they were that bad:gag:

I used to prefer Woodbines to Mum and Dads Parkdrive. They would not smoke Woodbine but I did not refuse the Parkdrive when offered. Does anyone remember 'Dominoes'? Four for sixpence and if you were lucky the shop keeper used to put a few matches in with them. These cigs were in an open ended paper pack with the markings of a dominoe on the back. All different.

Once walked into a Chinese restaurant and asked for 20 No6.

Ended walking out with 20 portions of King prawn and mushroom chow mein. :|

During my army days 1952 nth Africa every now & then we got a supply of cig's fm British customs,the s major would dig his hand in the sack & you got what ever 5 packs his hand could grab, but even we would not smoke those "Pasha"they came during the war and was made fm pure camel dung,we just handed to the locals.

We used to collect all thre different fag packets in the 50's, there was a large variety, much more colourful than today. Still got about a hundred of them in a tin somewhere. Do you remember the thin paper packets used just after the war ?

I use to buy 5 woodbines on my way to work every day, the matches were as big as the cigs themselves, my Dad use to roll his own, he used a little gadget that snapped together and the cig came out....funnny I don't recall smelling smoke in the house though, I wonder if the fire place going all the time had anything to do with it .

....funnny I don't recall smelling smoke in the house though, I wonder if the fire place going all the time had anything to do with it .

I believe I read somewhere that people with a traditional open fireplace suffer far fewer chest complaints, asthma etc., than those with closed solid fuel burners or gas fires. Something to do with the rate of air change in the room I think.