Enter The Dragon screening at The Abbeydale Picture House

November 27th this year marks what would have been Bruce Lee's 75th birthday - an anniversary which will be celebrated at the Abbeydale Picture House with a screening of his final film, Enter The Dragon.

Enter The Dragon is widely regarded as one of the greatest martial arts movies of all time – in it we follow Lee, a Shaolin martial artist from Hong Kong, who receives an invitation to a martial arts tournament organised on an island fortress by the criminal warlord known as Han.

Going undercover on a mission to restore Shaolin honour and avenge the death of his sister, we see why Bruce Lee became known across the world as one of the most exciting stars on screen, in the most enthralling martial arts movie of its time.

Hosted at the Abbeydale Picture House - a Grade II listed 1920's picture palace cinema, bringing the sense of occasion to match an anniversary of a movie icon.

With a bar stocked up with a selection of beer, ale, wine and popcorn, Bruce Lee's Enter The Dragon will provide Friday evening entertainment with a kick...

Friday November 27th

£6

Doors open 7:30pm, film starts 8:30pm.

original trailer -

Please note that this film has an 18 certificate - entry to the event will only be for those (including ticket holders) above this age.

Facebook event - https://www.facebook.com/events/1688498451382694/

Tickets Online: http://sivtickets.com/event/enterthedragon

Telephone: 0114 22 33 777 (Monday – Saturday, 9am – 8pm)

In person:

Sheffield City Hall Box Office (Monday - Saturday, 9.30am – 5.30pm),

SIV Tickets Ticket Office - Meadowhall Shopping Centre (Monday to Friday 10am – 9pm; Saturday 9am – 8pm; Sunday 11am – 5pm).

Abbeydale Picture House,

387 Abbeydale Road,

Sheffield,

S7 1FS

I remember going to the "pictures" back in the early 70's in grown up disguise to get in to see it ! (I was only about 13 at the time).

Managed to get the staff to give me the big quad display poster at the end of the films weekly run. Its worth a fair bit, do you want to borrow it?

I remember going to the "pictures" back in the early 70's in grown up disguise to get in to see it ! (I was only about 13 at the time).

Managed to get the staff to give me the big quad display poster at the end of the films weekly run. Its worth a fair bit, do you want to borrow it?

that must have been some disguise!

bet it was great to see the film on the big screen on its original release.

just sent you a PM about your poster

Edited by j0e1

this will be a rare chance to see a Bruce Lee film on the big screen, in a great venue too...

the history of the venue is detailed here -

http://www.picturehouseevents.org/?page_id=20

_

---------- Post added 27-11-2015 at 12:33 ----------

On this day 75 years ago (November 27th, 1940) the man known as Bruce Lee was born.

Tonight we mark this with a screening of Enter The Dragon at The Abbeydale Picture House.

Online tickets will close at 5pm, but you will be able to pay on the door.