Sheffield Bus Changes

are you happy with changes to buses?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. are you happy with changes to buses?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't affect me
    • Still figuring it out

Have I read the journey planner correctly, buses to the Northern General no longer go near the Herries Road entrance?

From what I can make out they go to Norwood Road and then its a ten minute walk from there?

You can catch the 97/98 and 20 to the stop on Norwood Road just before the junction with Herries Road. Across the road is the top entrance to NGH. Depends where you want to be. There is the hospital circular bus just inside the NGH entrance that takes you around the hospital.

So annoyed with the buses now.

I have never taken learning to drive seriously mostly because I had a bus service with a stop 5 mins from my home, with a frequency of every 12 or so minutes in the day and 15 mins ish in the evenings which took me pretty much where I needed to go. Work in Heeley, town, the bus station etc. I could go out in the evenings knowing I'd never be stood longer than 15 minutes waiting for a bus. I have a busy life but the service got me where I needed to be most of the time pretty much on time.

Not so any more. I now have to take two buses or one bus and a 30 minute walk to the bus stop or work depending on which service I use. And a reduced frequency in the evenings so much so that what used to be an hours trip to the Tesco took me 2 1/2 hours last week. To say I was losing the will is an understatement.

The extra 30 minutes per journey adds at least an hour to my travel time and I can not afford that in a day that is already packed with a very full on, time consuming charity job and fitting in all the necessary commitments around this work. I would actually like to be able to get some sleep at some point.

And they are expecting us to pay more for less of a service. I don't really care if the universal ticket is £4 a day and for only 10p more you can get on all providers buses. It's still more money and I'm being forced into it because of a lesser service. I don't take kindly to being held to ransom.

Please can we have the 47/48 back? Please?

Because otherwise I'm getting a car. As much as I want to continue to support public transport I can't in it's current format. I don't have an extra hour to give to travelling on the buses as they are now.

So annoyed with the buses now.

I have never taken learning to drive seriously mostly because I had a bus service with a stop 5 mins from my home, with a frequency of every 12 or so minutes in the day and 15 mins ish in the evenings which took me pretty much where I needed to go. Work in Heeley, town, the bus station etc. I could go out in the evenings knowing I'd never be stood longer than 15 minutes waiting for a bus. I have a busy life but the service got me where I needed to be most of the time pretty much on time.

Not so any more. I now have to take two buses or one bus and a 30 minute walk to the bus stop or work depending on which service I use. And a reduced frequency in the evenings so much so that what used to be an hours trip to the Tesco took me 2 1/2 hours last week. To say I was losing the will is an understatement.

The extra 30 minutes per journey adds at least an hour to my travel time and I can not afford that in a day that is already packed with a very full on, time consuming charity job and fitting in all the necessary commitments around this work. I would actually like to be able to get some sleep at some point.

And they are expecting us to pay more for less of a service. I don't really care if the universal ticket is £4 a day and for only 10p more you can get on all providers buses. It's still more money and I'm being forced into it because of a lesser service. I don't take kindly to being held to ransom.

Please can we have the 47/48 back? Please?

Because otherwise I'm getting a car. As much as I want to continue to support public transport I can't in it's current format. I don't have an extra hour to give to travelling on the buses as they are now.

My daughter used to catch the 47 to work. Now she has to catch the 75 and then the number 3. What with the long wait for a bus to arrive and then another long wait for her second bus she is late for work every morning....what a shambles

Oh how lucky I am to have a tram every 5/10 minutes .

I wonder actually how many people in North Sheffield are now getting a tram out to Hillsborough or Meadowhall then picking up a bus from there now the Citywide bus+tram pass is cheaper and the buses from town are often full?

Maybe even the same in South East Sheffield - tram to Birley/Hackenthorpe/Crystal Peaks for bus connections?

I wonder actually how many people in North Sheffield are now getting a tram out to Hillsborough or Meadowhall then picking up a bus from there now the Citywide bus+tram pass is cheaper and the buses from town are often full?

Maybe even the same in South East Sheffield - tram to Birley/Hackenthorpe/Crystal Peaks for bus connections?

I regularly do just that, although with a senior travel pass the cost is no longer an issue. Very fortunate in that there are several buses that run up Dykes Hall Rd, however I wouldn't be too happy if I lived at Loxley now the 84 has been taken off.

I've got a copy of the consultation info for Doncaster as I travel weekly on the 91 (airport bus) which is being replaced. It appears the replacement will be more frequent, but I haven't found out how much longer the journey is on the new, longer route.

I've got a copy of the consultation info for Doncaster as I travel weekly on the 91 (airport bus) which is being replaced. It appears the replacement will be more frequent, but I haven't found out how much longer the journey is on the new, longer route.

From what I could tell from the map, the only airport bus will be the Stagecoach X19, running hourly Barnsley-Doncaster-Robin Hood Airport although the 57 will pass close by in Finningley every 20 minutes

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/DBPNetworkGuideMap.pdf

---------- Post added 15-11-2015 at 23:59 ----------

I regularly do just that, although with a senior travel pass the cost is no longer an issue. Very fortunate in that there are several buses that run up Dykes Hall Rd, however I wouldn't be too happy if I lived at Loxley now the 84 has been taken off.

Depends where in Loxley I guess. The 31, 31a, 61 and 62 all provide a link between the City Centre, Hillsborough and Loxley although some trips are suffering delays with the roadworks at West Bar, again maybe the thing to do now is get the tram to Hillsborough and connect there with whatever appears first.

---------- Post added 16-11-2015 at 00:02 ----------

This thread has a bit more about the new ticket options http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1431643

Edited by Andy C

Thanks for the info Andy, re Finningley bus. I don't go as far as the airport, and don't use the X19 as it doesn't go through Auckley. I'll be using the 57, just need to find out the timetable. The 91 timetable isn't great re fitting in with school drop off/pick ups, perhaps the new more frequent service will be!

Edited by Ms Macbeth