Public transport tickets from 1st November 2015

Ah, never mind. Thanks for the clarification.

When your ticket is due for renewal you may wish to consider trading up to the Citywide if it is of benefit.

---------- Post added 29-10-2015 at 17:30 ----------

Another change - South Yorkshire Connect weekly (bus+tram £20.80) and South Yorkshire Travelmaster Gold weekly (bus, tram + train £27.30) will be available to buy from bus drivers and tram conductors from Sunday, cash only of course!

Hey, I've got this great idea where you can buy tickets for all routes whatever bus you get on and it costs the same. It's called 'renationalisation'.

Hey, I've got this great idea where you can buy tickets for all routes whatever bus you get on and it costs the same. It's called 'renationalisation'.

The Travelmaster family of tickets achieve that with much less trauma than your suggestion!

---------- Post added 31-10-2015 at 10:50 ----------

Anyway, one day to go....

On the fares front, main thing is if you stick to one operator there are no changes, if you need/want the flexibility of any operators there are new cheaper options. Some people may consider it worth trading up if they have a choice of operators.

Day - any bus £4 or with trams £4.30

Weekly - any bus £14 or with trams £15

28 day - any bus £49 or with trams £53

compared to the single operator price of £3.90/£12.50/£42

Are the stagecoach/First £3.90 day and £12.50 week still valid on both companies 120 and 52's ?

Guest busdriver1

[/color]Something that hasn't been very well advertised is a new 'Connect South' ticket:

With a Connect South you can travel on direct bus routes from Chesterfield, Dronfield, Clowne and Worksop into the Sheffield and Rotherham zones and then on any bus or tram around those zones, allowing you to get to and from work quickly and easily, even when your plans change.

Weekly £24

28 day £90

You are right about the fact it hasnt been advertised. Its the first i have heard of it and I really really should have known. Another victory for PTE marketing.

Are the stagecoach/First £3.90 day and £12.50 week still valid on both companies 120 and 52's ?

I'm not entirely sure. Reference has been removed from the new ticket validity guide on the Stagecoach website and there is no reference at all on the First website. Logic would suggest the new Citybus tickets will replace this arrangement, especially given no other routes offer it, however I think there has been a vague positive reference on Twitter so it could still apply. Hmmm.

---------- Post added 31-10-2015 at 12:47 ----------

You are right about the fact it hasnt been advertised. Its the first i have heard of it and I really really should have known. Another victory for PTE marketing.

Probably for the best given that at some operators the people that programme the ticket machines to accept them allegedly only found out two days ago via the Travelmaster website...

---------- Post added 01-11-2015 at 22:10 ----------

re bus only Sheffield day/week tickets on 52/120 - found it on Twitter now

Edited by Andy C

Andy, I bought a travel master weekly pass yesterday from meadowhall and it cost £27.30, not £24.70 as you state in your opening post. Have I bought the wrong ticket by mistake?

Edit.....I have bought a travel master gold by mistake.

Edited by kidneystone

Andy, I bought a travel master weekly pass yesterday from meadowhall and it cost £27.30, not £24.70 as you state in your opening post. Have I bought the wrong ticket by mistake?

Edit.....I have bought a travel master gold by mistake.

Ah you've got all of South Yorkshire rather than just Sheffield. Good value if you get the train to Doncaster or Barnsley!

I bought a travelmaster city bus monthly today form the ticket machine at the interchange (to start from tomorrow), when I get on a bus do I just scan it (like they do with the bus passes)? Thanks in advance.