M1 closed southbound Jnc 25 to Jnc 24

Yes an area of the motorway was relayed,

Obvs the deaths are very sad, but you have to feel for people stuck in the traffic, and there is nothing worse then needing a pee stuck in traffic for hours

Rather be the person sat in traffic than the two people in the van to be honest.

IIRC the motorway was covered in diesel, they needed to do some resurfacing and stuff due to the damage caused which is probably part of the reason it was closed.

I don't think GerryBooth was in any way disrespecting the people who died in the accident, he was just telling us that he was caught up in it. That's what we do on this forum isn't it - share our experiences? Seems perfectly relevant to me.

I don't think GerryBooth was in any way disrespecting the people who died in the accident, he was just telling us that he was caught up in it. That's what we do on this forum isn't it - share our experiences? Seems perfectly relevant to me.

Steady on there you are using a bit of commonsense talk and a modicome of inteligence, things that are in very short supply at times on here:hihi:

What amazes me is how people manage it..

I've only ever driven down the motorway the wrong way once - and that was of course under police instruction clearing a motorway due to an incident

It actually takes some maneuvering to get around the roundabout exits etc. the wrong way! (Not like yesterday's nitwit who will be receiving a ticket after not only going through the Hillsborough tram gate but barreling through the tram stop!! - Which is at least in a straight line)

What amazes me is how people manage it..

I've only ever driven down the motorway the wrong way once - and that was of course under police instruction clearing a motorway due to an incident

It actually takes some maneuvering to get around the roundabout exits etc. the wrong way! (Not like yesterday's nitwit who will be receiving a ticket after not only going through the Hillsborough tram gate but barreling through the tram stop!! - Which is at least in a straight line)

I suspect he was confused at a roundabout (some are quite dark - jct 30 springs to mind) but I reckon the confusion is probably down to dementia. How many 87 year olds do you know are out and about at 2 in the morning?

It's very very sad.

It actually takes some maneuvering to get around the roundabout exits etc. the wrong way!

Unless of course they were already travelling the wrong way before they even reached the motorway, went the wrong way round the roundabout and then joined the wrong side of the motorway.

Don't forget that they could have got confused and just turned round on the motorway (u-turn) and headed back the way they have come from...

I watched a traffic cop show sometime ago and they mentioned that most drivers who had gone the wrong way on the motorway were later found to be suffering from dementia or Alzheimer's.Without regularly checking aged drivers I suspect it will not be the last time this happens.Condolences to the victims families.