Serious accident sutherland road 03/10/15

Just been told by one of our drivers that there has been a very serious accident on Sutherland road 3 young girls seriously injured taken to northern general and unfortunately the driver didn't make it :( a Saturday that some family will never forget for all the wrong reasons another night out gone bad fingers crossed for those injured hope you heal well and my condolences to the drivers family x

Thats so sad. 21 is no age at all.

I've seen too many acccidents and near-misses in that area, caused by careless, impatient and dangerous driving.

As it's quite an isolated part of town, with open space and industrial units up there, the flat, wide road layouts don't discourage that sort of driving.

Perhaps traffic claming measures such as road narrowing, speed bumps and traffic lights could be the answer. Then again, since you can't legislate against stupidity, I suspect those measures would do little other than frustrate the safe and careful drivers.

Please remember that someone has died and their family maybe reading this thread. Their world is very likely falling apart around them. I wouldn't like to read theory and hearsay on a forum when my loved one has died.

You really have to feel for the families involved

I've seen too many acccidents and near-misses in that area, caused by careless, impatient and dangerous driving.

As it's quite an isolated part of town, with open space and industrial units up there, the flat, wide road layouts don't discourage that sort of driving.

Perhaps traffic claming measures such as road narrowing, speed bumps and traffic lights could be the answer. Then again, since you can't legislate against stupidity, I suspect those measures would do little other than frustrate the safe and careful drivers.

have some respect for the family members :rant:

Think we need to keep off speculation or posts will be removed

Indeed.

I am sure the reasons why this occured will come out in any inquest. So maybe wait until that time ?

My thoughts are with the grieving family and friends and with the injured people and their families too

Wasting your time Denlin. Even after a clean up AND a polite moderator request there are still those who just cant help themselves