How long would you expect to wait for a ambulance after ringing 999

My OH recently had what could have been serious injuries after he came off his motorbike when trying to avoid a vehicle that pulled out of a side road in front of him.

The emergency services were called - the police arrived first closely followed by the ambulance service within a short space of time. He was extremely lucky to sustain severe bruising only but it could have been so much worse. :(

Thank you to all those who attended promptly and with great professionalism.

We really do have emergency services to be proud of.

Wait until you expect an ambulance and a fire engine turns up.

Coming to a place near you soon...

My sister got spiked in town last week, in a bar on Carver Street. She collapsed and was completely unconscious. Someone called 999, and the bouncers laid her on the floor in the smoking area. A paramedic turned up in a car, and checked her over, but he wasn't allowed to actually move her, so he called an ambulance. He stayed with her and kept her 'comfortable' on the floor, in the freezing cold and rain, whilst people were stepping over her to go for a cigarette. The ambulance arrived 3 hours later. The paramedic rang my mum using my sisters phone, and my mum went to hospital to meet them there and she was there 2 and a half hours before my sister arrived.

---------- Post added 07-10-2015 at 23:58 ----------

I'm not sure why anyone would consider a woman in labour warranted a 999 call unless the babies head was visible :confused:

I rang an ambulance the last time I was in labour, because after a call to Jessops, they wouldn't listen to the fact that I had had 3 children already, the longest (first) labour being 4 hours, and the last one only being 40 minutes, and she told me she would send me a paramedic in 4 hours. A paramedic arrived shortly after the 999 call and radioed for an ambulance, who arrived about 20 minutes later, just as my daughter was being born. My midwife was dispatched from High Green (to Norton Lees) and arrived 90 minutes too late :hihi:

i had an incident involving a guy that fell down some steps, blood was pouring from a head wound, it took ambulance over 30 to arrive and then didn't go anywhere for about 45 mins...

i had an incident involving a guy that fell down some steps, blood was pouring from a head wound, it took ambulance over 30 to arrive and then didn't go anywhere for about 45 mins...

And? This is an issue because??