The nhs, pedalos , robot vacuum cleaners & zumba classes..

Option 1. Scrap 5m for staff health, put into new drugs for patients. Result: 50 lives extended by 12 months. New drugs don't come cheap.

Option 2. Spend 5m improving NHS staff health. Result: reduction in costs of staff absenteeism, calculated to be over 25m. 500% ROI generally accepted as it worthwhile or not criteria. Given that absenteeism costs NHS 2.4bn, 5m is chump change by comparison, necessary reduction is only 1% for spending to be worthwhile. Extra 20m to spend on new drugs.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Or

Option 1- use the 5 million to save your 50 lives, this enables 100 people to go to work due to partne/carer being freed of carer responsibility. Tell nhs staff to follow their own guidelines on 5 a day, 30 mins of exercise, walking more, and get the same results, if they don't then don't pay them sick pay,

Option 2 - pay the staff to go to zumba, 50 people die, no savings are made as one poster has said it's been tried already and failed.

What's the definition of madness ?, doing the same thing and expecting different results !

The nhs has managed to find something that people can do for free, and spent 5 million on it despite claiming cuts are harming patients.

Or

Option 1- use the 5 million to save your 50 lives, this enables 100 people to go to work due to partne/carer being freed of carer responsibility. Tell nhs staff to follow their own guidelines on 5 a day, 30 mins of exercise, walking more, and get the same results, if they don't then don't pay them sick pay,

Option 2 - pay the staff to go to zumba, 50 people die, no savings are made as one poster has said it's been tried already and failed.

What's the definition of madness ?, doing the same thing and expecting different results !

The nhs has managed to find something that people can do for free, and spent 5 million on it despite claiming cuts are harming patients.

No offence, but you just aren't very bright. The world doesn't work like that.

No offence, but you just aren't very bright. The world doesn't work like that.

Thats funny because it works like that in the private sector, just not that Bright to realise it are you ?

So far we have had, it's already been tried and it failed, it's free but let's pay 5 million for it anyway, its illegal but it isn't, "if" it works but let's ignore that instead of doing what works in the private sector.

Thats funny because it works like that in the private sector, just not that Bright to realise it are you ?

So far we have had, it's already been tried and it failed, it's free but let's pay 5 million for it anyway, its illegal but it isn't, "if" it works but let's ignore that instead of doing what works in the private sector.

Your employer must be appalling and illegal if they deny you sick pay based on whether you've eaten your 5 bits of fruit and veg a day.

Your employer must be appalling and illegal if they deny you sick pay based on whether you've eaten your 5 bits of fruit and veg a day.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Not to mention that it would be impossible to track.

I'm not saying they are brilliant, but they aren't bad either, if your off sick which does happen sometimes, you don't get full pay, you get statutory sick pay, I haven't been off sick for over 2 years but think it was about £13 per day after the first week.

And they don't withdraw sick pay either depending on if you've eaten your 5 a day, if your off too much or can't come to work because of ill health they take you through the normal disciplinary procedures.

And guess what it works, thats why lost days in the private sector are about half that of the public sector.

So should the nhs keep avoiding the things that work well out there which is proven when 5 million could help hundreds of people ?

---------- Post added 04-09-2015 at 14:42 ----------

Apologies actually I've just re-read my post, meant to type pay statuary sick pay not full pay for days off sick.

My apologies for this confusion.

I'm not saying they are brilliant, but they aren't bad either, if your off sick which does happen sometimes, you don't get full pay, you get statutory sick pay, I haven't been off sick for over 2 years but think it was about £13 per day after the first week.

And they don't withdraw sick pay either depending on if you've eaten your 5 a day, if your off too much or can't come to work because of ill health they take you through the normal disciplinary procedures.

And guess what it works, thats why lost days in the private sector are about half that of the public sector.

So should the nhs keep avoiding the things that work well out there which is proven when 5 million could help hundreds of people ?

---------- Post added 04-09-2015 at 14:42 ----------

Apologies actually I've just re-read my post, meant to type pay statuary sick pay not full pay for days off sick.

My apologies for this confusion.

Should an ITU nurse turn up for work with a bad cold?

Should an ITU nurse turn up for work with a bad cold?

No, should anyone turn up for work with a bad cold.

No, should anyone turn up for work with a bad cold.

What if the the nurse couldn't afford not to be paid their full amount for that day, what would their options be?

What if the the nurse couldn't afford not to be paid their full amount for that day, what would their options be?

Then like anyone else they probably should have planned better, same as anyone else. cut down their bills, or should we pay their sky or mobile bill now too ?

If their car breaks down should we buy them a car too ?

What about if they can't afford the mortgage one month , should we buy them all a house ?

Nurses do a great job, under some pressure but so do many many other people , paying their bills is way over the top when people are going blind because treatments are unaffordable !

Edited by bigsexydoug

how many other workers do you stick up for in situations like this :huh:

how many other workers do you stick up for in situations like this :huh:

How many threads have there been about other workers in situations like this?