Suffering because of climate change?

Large swathes of the environmental movement have lost their way. They're pursuing de-instustrialisation and grabbing onto anything which supports that agenda.

I think that you are getting mixed up, you meant the Conservative Government ;)

---------- Post added 31-07-2015 at 11:26 ----------

You talk like a true believer. But you have not addressed my questions over CO2 sensitivity. You understand that if the CO2 sensitivity of the climate is low, then that has an enormous impact over what degree of cuts in CO2 and at what pace is wise.

Are you not worried about paying more for electricity than rent, being permanently prices out of car ownership, seeing the price of absolutely everything rise dramatically, and massive state spending cuts to free up money for new low CO2 infrastructure?

I have already posted that I think climate change is inevitable; we are heading in the same direction as the USA, that is not where I want to go.

The fundamentals of climate change are sound, and the taxes on co2 help asthmatics breath easier, and people and live happier and longer.

We had massive taxes on vehicle fuel even before climate change, how much have fuel taxes increased, I wonder.

I think that you are getting mixed up, you meant the Conservative Government ;)

You've kind of stopped engaging in the debate.

Are you not worried about paying more for electricity than rent, being permanently prices out of car ownership, seeing the price of absolutely everything rise dramatically, and massive state spending cuts to free up money for new low CO2 infrastructure?

---------- Post added 31-07-2015 at 11:30 ----------

I have already posted that I think climate change is inevitable; we are heading in the same direction as the USA, that is not where I want to go.

At what rate? What do you think the CO2 sensitivity of the climate is?

The fundamentals of climate change are sound, and the taxes on co2 help asthmatics breath easier, and people and live happier and longer.

CO2 has absolutely no link to Asthma.

We had massive taxes on vehicle fuel even before climate change, how much have fuel taxes increased, I wonder.

That's a good question. Climate change was frequently used in the '90s and '00s as a justification for continuously ramping up fuel duty, but I'm willing to acknowledge that this may have happened anyway.

You've kind of stopped engaging in the debate.

I did that years ago, has you too seem to just dismiss facts.

How do these massive green taxes you talk about compare to other taxes?

I think energy efficient homes and low emission vehicles are good for all society, even if climate change does not exist, dont you?

I did that years ago, has you too seem to just dismiss facts.

How do these massive green taxes you talk about compare to other taxes?

I think energy efficient homes and low emission vehicles are good for all society, even if climate change does not exist, dont you?

What facts have I dismissed?

Energy efficient homes and low emission vehicles are fine.

I have both.

I didn't need to be pressured or incentivised into this. It made economic sense.

CO2 has absolutely no link to Asthma.

Vehicle emissions in general are not good for peoples health, some cities are that crowded that they ban cars on alternate days, is there where we would be heading without "green taxes"?

---------- Post added 31-07-2015 at 11:35 ----------

It made economic sense.

Probably due to green taxes.

Vehicle emissions in general are not good for peoples health, some cities are that crowded that they ban cars on alternate days, is there where we would be heading without "green taxes"?

That's fine. That's a genuine falsifiable hypothesis which has been tested.

It's nothing to do with climate change.

"Green taxes" have actually driven people out of petrol cars and into diesel cars over the last 10-20 years. The diesel cars are much, much worse for air quality, but they produce less CO2.

Probably due to green taxes.

What facts have I dismissed?

I prefer to think about the entire lifetime environmental impact.

Strip mining China in order to make the batteries for zero emissions cars, that are charged with power from a coal fired power station isn't exactly environmentally friendly when you consider the big picture.

---------- Post added 31-07-2015 at 11:41 ----------

Really. Perhaps this is why the discussion is floundering. You don't seem to really know much about the topic...

You seem to know more about Norways green subsidies than wiki ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_sector_in_Norway

google "energy subsidies norway"

They subsidise both fossil and renewables heavily. The renewables are especially heavily subsidised. Their electricity is expensive, but they pay for a lot of it through taxes rather than bills. They also have a surplus of gas which is bound to make their fossil power cheaper.

"Green taxes" have actually driven people out of petrol cars and into diesel cars over the last 10-20 years. The diesel cars are much, much worse for air quality, but they produce less CO2.

Still think climate change driven policy is good for Asthma and general health?

Are you not worried about paying more for electricity than rent, being permanently priced out of car ownership, seeing the price of absolutely everything rise dramatically, and massive state spending cuts to free up money for new low CO2 infrastructure?

Edited by unbeliever

google "energy subsidies norway"

Are you not worried about paying more for electricity than rent, being permanently priced out of car ownership, seeing the price of absolutely everything rise dramatically, and massive state spending cuts to free up money for new low CO2 infrastructure?

And what evidence do you have that that will happen?

All of the above could result from diminishing supply of fossil fuels, surely heavy investment in renewable technologies, efficient homes, electric cars i.e. low CO2 infrastructure could well help keep the economy buoyant should the supply of fossil fuels become jeopardized.

Edited by TimmyR