Fat Pride or no Pride?

being a fatty is a choice for most and just plain greed, if you put in more than you burn off you will get fat simple no ifs no buts, why you should have any pride i dont know, i am slightly overweight and its nobodys fault but my own i like food and wine and am greedy, but i am not in denial its my own fault.

so if i am called a fatty , chubber or pig its my own fault and i am doing something about it i dont go crying to the media etc

being a fatty is a choice for most and just plain greed, if you put in more than you burn off you will get fat simple no ifs no buts, why you should have any pride i dont know, i am slightly overweight and its nobodys fault but my own i like food and wine and am greedy, but i am not in denial its my own fault.

so if i am called a fatty , chubber or pig its my own fault and i am doing something about it i dont go crying to the media etc

As much as I want to admire your stoicism, I just don't think that you're in the minority by not running to the media every time someone calls you a name.

Cretin: A stupid person (used as a general term of abuse)

Moron: A stupid person (used as a general term of abuse)

Both words have just been used by people claiming that verbal abuse is wrong.

Lacking intelligence or common sense is the result of nature, nurture and ones life experiences, to abuse such a person is no different to abusing someone that is fat.

Absolutely wrong. To call someone a cretin or a moron in this context is crucially different from shouting 'Oi, lardarse, who ate all the pies?' at someone in the street; the former is in response to someone's behaviour i.e. what they've written here, the latter is in response to who they are.

If you can't appreciate the difference between the two, frankly, you're dim.

Edited by Halibut

Why do you feel the need to tell stupid people that they are stupid,

Mostly because they are unaware of their stupidity which is self evident while contributing on a forum..how else will they know.

you are in the same camp as someone that feels the need to tell fat people that they are fat.

Wrong on all levels. Making a stupid statement within discussion, and on numerous occasions the stupidity has been pointed out without any obvious effect. On the other hand a fat person hasn't offended me with their fatness so why would I offend them unless I thought that someones body mass equates to my self worth. Like racists, bigots, homophobic's and misogynists they're all just losers..as well as morons. I have no issue in pointing out a moronic (stupid) statement.

---------- Post added 22-07-2015 at 02:13 ----------

so if i am called a fatty , chubber or pig its my own fault

So you don't mind being called a fat pig chubby ignoramus?

It's amazing how all of a sudden so called self professed fat ignorant people aren't offended at being abused in order to justify needing to abuse 'fat' people.

Edited by cassity

Mostly because they are unaware of their stupidity which is self evident while contributing on a forum..how else will they know.

So you are same kind of person that calls someone fatty, you just can't help but point out what you perceive to be a shortcoming in other people.

Wrong on all levels. Making a stupid statement within discussion, and on numerous occasions the stupidity has been pointed out without any obvious effect. On the other hand a fat person hasn't offended me with their fatness so why would I offend them unless I thought that someones body mass equates to my self worth. Like racists, bigots, homophobic's and misogynists they're all just losers..as well as morons. I have no issue in pointing out a moronic (stupid) statement.

That's no different to calling people names because of their appearance.

The world is full of abusive people, they will always find a reason and feel justified in their abuse. Any reason for the abuse is a good reason in their eyes, they will pick on people because they don't like something about another person, be it appearance or opinion.

I am fat and I no doubt have some opinions you will not like, calling me stupid for expressing an opinion is no different than calling me fatty for being fat. What you are saying is that I should be able to go out without being called name, but I shouldn't be able to express my opinion without being called names. Both my size and my opinions are the result of my individuality and neither will change just because abusive people take pleasure out of being abusive.

My advice is ignore the abusive people or challenge them without being abusive yourself.

Yes you have. You've defended abuse by attacking an overweight individual by suggesting they shouldn't get fat in order to avoid abuse, which anyone with a sense of insight will read it as such.'Fat? Suck the insult up fatso'.. You're so wrapped up in your own prejudice you don't even understand your own ramblings. And you have the gall to whip off 'it's like communicating with children'. :loopy:

---------- Post added 21-07-2015 at 16:53 ----------

Not sure of your point..they're the same.

You called me moronic! THAT is name calling.... Abuse is abuse regardless!

Take a seat with the rest of the hypocrites!!

---------- Post added 22-07-2015 at 10:04 ----------

---------- Post added 22-07-2015 at 02:13 ----------

So you don't mind being called a fat pig chubby ignoramus?

It's amazing how all of a sudden so called self professed fat ignorant people aren't offended at being abused in order to justify needing to abuse 'fat' people.

You come across as the type of person that loves the sound of his own self important voice......

That's no different to calling people names because of their appearance.

I haven't called people names because of their appearance, but it's obvious that some feel it's justified. An individuals appearance isn't incitement to hate speech. Although some morons believe this to be justified by making it clear through debate on an open forum. If you make a moronic statement and that moronic statement is pointed out as moronic, that isn't hypocrisy, it's just stating the obvious to most. By making a moronic statement one has incited a response.

You come across as the type of person that loves the sound of his own self important voice......

Coming from the voice that believes insults are appropriate unless you take steps to change your appearance I'll take that as a croc.....morons it would seem don't like to be outed with their own cretinous diatribe. Odd isn't it how fidgety one can get when one is sussed.

I haven't called people names because of their appearance, but it's obvious that some feel it's justified. An individuals appearance isn't incitement to hate speech. Although some morons believe this to be justified by making it clear through debate on an open forum. If you make a moronic statement and that moronic statement is pointed out, that isn't hypocrisy, it's just stating the obvious to most. By making a moronic statement one has incited a response.

Coming from the voice that believes insults are appropriate unless you take steps to change your appearance I'll take that as a croc.....morons it would seem don't like to be outed with their own cretinous diatribe. Odd isn't it how fidgety one can get when one is sussed.

No one said insults are appropriate! read my posts...

You just sound daft now... You're one of those that fills in the blanks and puts words into others mouths!

---------- Post added 22-07-2015 at 11:31 ----------

and a troll......

I did...

I rest my case.

People keep posting the same comment over and over and yet STILL cannot tell me WHERE I HAVE PERSONALLY called someone a name or said it is appropriate!!!!

Jesus wept.....

---------- Post added 22-07-2015 at 11:38 ----------

And I'm the moron!!!