Train to London?

Hello I want to find out how much is a train from Sheffield to London?

Hello I want to find out how much is a train from Sheffield to London?

Best of luck with that... I think you'll find there are umpteen different options and offers and wildly different prices. Heard it's best to book in advance on the internet for the best deals. I'm sure someone can suggest some good sites.

Ok, there are two styles of ticket.

"Advance" the cheaper option, budget airline style, where you book single legs in advance for specific times. Price varies according to demand. On these tickets you must travel on the train you booked and change of plans require paying an extra fee. Use the best fare finder at http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk

"Turn up and go" tickets are more flexible. You can buy on the day and travel on any train (although of course seat reservations may still be a good idea). There are three prices within this category of ticket "anytime"', "off peak" and "super off peak" with the lower prices excluding travel at the most popular times. Again check out http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk.

There is also a third way. Some really quiet trains see a number of bargain tickets offered via the Megabus coach website (Megabus.com and East Midlands Trains are both owned by Stagecoach). These are print at home tickets, you must travel at the booked time and no changes or refunds are allowed. See http://www.megatrain.com.

GO to megatrain.com - depending on what time of day you want to travel you can get to London for £30 return. We're going to London next month and got 2 return tickets for £85 travelling peak times first class by booking 90 days in advance.

As above plus, the further in advance you buy the cheaper it will be, I often get singles to London for £9, the return single starts at about £13, also don't use trainline.com, go to Eastmidlands Trains website.

As above plus, the further in advance you buy the cheaper it will be, I often get singles to London for £9, the return single starts at about £13, also don't use trainline.com, go to Eastmidlands Trains website.

right thing to do, you don't get charged the Trainline booking fees and also get East Midlands Trains £1 online discount too.

It's also work checking Virgin east coast yes it's via Doncaster but there are often bargin fares .

It can be worth going to the ticket office at the station as they have the same prices, no booking fee and can answer questions/make suggestions. The websites are confusing

You could get the Megabus for £10 return if you have the time to spare !

Be sure to ask for the cheapest ticket available or you might just get the cheap return instead of the cheapest available ticket.