Buying Beer in Sheffield

I always thought that lager IS beer? Just as bitter is, stout is, & pale ale is.

Not that I'm an expert, just a drinker

Well technically yes... But beers like Moretti and Pedigree are different branches of the beer tree. I really should have differentiated between lager and ale rather than beer. My bad.

I feel ashamed buying lager. Its for a big group of neanderthals.

I'll be in the corner supping my Belgian Blue reserves while those monsters crush cans on their heads and fart in the paddling pool

Well technically yes... But beers like Moretti and Pedigree are different branches of the beer tree. I really should have differentiated between lager and ale rather than beer. My bad.

As a brewer, i would like to hear what you think ale is?

I'll be in the corner supping my Belgian Blue reserves while those monsters crush cans on their heads and fart in the paddling pool

You hosting the Top Gear exit party?

Not really. Brewdog has targeted / fleeced the young hipster market with their beer and lager.

the guy is asking where to get beer cheap, not your opinion on what is beer and whats good?

I've always found asda & Tesco quite cheap for buying lager in bulk! they often have promo's on, but I couldn't tell you if they do at the moment... probably on Pimm's at the moment so useless for you're needs...

becks used to be really cheap when I last bought it, but that was 2014! they used to muli-case cheap deals as I recall...

However, I've only been drinking a variety of ales this year, favouring those from Bradfield brewery since it's right next door to my Grandad's old cottage!

As a brewer, i would like to hear what you think ale is?

Isn't there some overly-pedantic dictionary definition about beer being made with hops, and ale isn't?

However, I've only been drinking a variety of ales this year, favouring those from Bradfield brewery since it's right next door to my Grandad's old cottage!

good stuff, Yorkshire farmer is tops

Glad I don't live there, would be too tempting

agreed, I'd be spending a hell of a lot more than I currently do!

Isn't there some overly-pedantic dictionary definition about beer being made with hops, and ale isn't?

Its not pedantic ale is ale and beer is beer two entirely different drinks, but for the sake of this forum yes you are correct ale no hops beer has.

Is IPA an ale or a beer?

Genuine question from a beer brewing novice :)