So who would you bring in and release for the Blades?

As the title says.

It's a new season, new manager, new pitch, new optimism.

there's some good frees about and some good loan players to be had, plus ones with fees that are achievable.

I don't think a massive amount needs changing, but we can always improve.

I'd be happy with mainly frees coming in.

Paul Robinson

Stephen Hunt

Danny Gabbidon

Greg Halford

Billy Sharp

Jamie Ward

Bring Doyle back

Released/sold

Flynn

Baxter

Mcnulty

Higdon

Mceveley

Turner

Davies

I know it looks a lot coming in, but with a new manager comes a new style of play.

We need a good centre half bringing in.

Paul Robinson the keeper?

I'll walk round BL naked if he comes to you.

Why would Brayford leave the Championship to go and play in the pub league?

Nigel Adkins says he wants to manage in the Premiership so he won't be the next manager at Bramall Lane?

Famous last words from Owls fans :hihi:

Paul Robinson is 35 years old and has been released from his club therefore he will most probably end up at a bottom half Championship club or bench warming in that league or alternatively he will drop a league and finish off his career as a first team regular with somebody like us. He is more than good enough even at 35 to be a first team keeper in League one and I would be more than happy to have him on board like Robbie.

As the title says.

It's a new season, new manager, new pitch, new optimism.

there's some good frees about and some good loan players to be had, plus ones with fees that are achievable.

I don't think a massive amount needs changing, but we can always improve.

I'd be happy with mainly frees coming in.

Paul Robinson

Stephen Hunt

Danny Gabbidon

Greg Halford

Billy Sharp

Jamie Ward

Bring Doyle back

Released/sold

Flynn

Baxter

Mcnulty

Higdon

Mceveley

Turner

Davies

I know it looks a lot coming in, but with a new manager comes a new style of play.

We need a good centre half bringing in.

I'd only be happy with 2 of those incoming signings. I'd keep Flynn and McNuts and offload the others. I think Davies has gone hasn't he?

Bring Doyle back? Seriously? I may not like the circumstances in which he left but we need to be looking at better players than him.

Why would Brayford leave the Championship to go and play in the pub league?

Nigel Adkins says he wants to manage in the Premiership so he won't be the next manager at Bramall Lane?

Famous last words from Owls fans :hihi:

Paul Robinson is 35 years old and has been released from his club therefore he will most probably end up at a bottom half Championship club or bench warming in that league or alternatively he will drop a league and finish off his career as a first team regular with somebody like us. He is more than good enough even at 35 to be a first team keeper in League one and I would be more than happy to have him on board like Robbie.

According to a good few blades, the reason brayford took a step down to league one was solely because of young cloughie,how he feels now is anybody's guess.

According to a good few blades, the reason brayford took a step down to league one was solely because of young cloughie,how he feels now is anybody's guess.

Well he is under contract as a Sheffield United player and has 2 and a half years remaining on his contract so it is going to cost somebody to sign him from us if he opts to go. Nobody will be sniffing around him in the next couple of windows as he's out for 6 months with his injury is he not?

He knows the fans love him at Sheffield United, he admitted himself that he was pretty overwhelmed with the buzz around Bramall Lane surrounding him.

I've got no reason to see him going anywhere and I am not worried about him doing so but all things said and done if things did come to push and shove then he is a full back and we will replace him. I would like him to stay if he is willing to be a team player. I didn't agree with all the golden boy talk from Clough surrounding him last year and I don't think he should have been given captain so soon but he is a steady player and if he replicates the form that he had when he came on loan then he will be a great member of the squad.

To be honest Gazza, the Brayford that was on loan is totally different to the Brayford we signed, he doesn't seem to be the same player at the lane anymore, but maybe Adkins can get him back to his best, only time will tell..

To be honest Gazza, the Brayford that was on loan is totally different to the Brayford we signed, he doesn't seem to be the same player at the lane anymore, but maybe Adkins can get him back to his best, only time will tell..

For me the main difference I think was that Cloughy was expecting Brayford to pick up the pieces in a shakey back four. Maguire and Collins were pretty solid at the back when he came in on loan meaning Brayford was able to get up and overlap and stuff but this season he hasn't been able to go walkies to high up the pitch as he if does we fall to pieces at the back.

To get the best out of Brayford we need two solid CB's again which will give him a bit more freedom. Adkins does like to play with width and attacking full backs so this could well work out to Brayford's advantage.