Ice cream vans.

How do they make any money?

I live just off a main road and tonight i fancied an ice cream so was purposley listening for the van coming up the road with money ready in my pocket.

When it came i literally looked outside the window just to make sure it had stopped, popped my shoes on an walked out the door and the van had started to drive off up the road.

From him pulling up to leaving it must have been 20-30 seconds at the very most.

So how do they make any money when they don't stop long enough to get outside your house?

Haha good one :)

The one that comes around us (we are the last stop, he was here just a few mins ago).

Hangs around for a couple of mins before he leaves.

Ours always comes either in middle of winter or just as your cooking/eating tea... blooming expensive too.

When I hear that annoying tune ice cream (sp).

When I hear that annoying tune ice cream (sp).

i use the wailing music noise to my advantage and i tell my kids that it means the ice cream has sold out:hihi:

That one that camps outside botanical gardens on Clarkehouse road must make a fortune.

I see it there all the time, and it always has a queue. I bet he's making money.

I know someone with 4 vans who makes a fortune out of them , when the Tour de France was on he made 1000 in a day , just from one van

Why would anyone sit waiting at home (with money in pocket) for an ice cream van, when you can buy a 2 litre tub for £1-30 from Asdas and keep it in the freezer?

I understand the concept of spur of the moment fancy for an ice cream whilst on a summers day out.....but at home from an overcharging van?

Why would anyone sit waiting at home (with money in pocket) for an ice cream van, when you can buy a 2 litre tub for £1-30 from Asdas and keep it in the freezer?

I understand the concept of spur of the moment fancy for an ice cream whilst on a summers day out.....but at home from an overcharging van?

Yer.. but you can't beat a Mr Whippy !