British couple sell houses to China

Is this the same guy who was complaining about Indians and Pakistanis smelling of curry?

He sounds a great landlord, he will be Lord Fergus in the next list.:gag:

Yet without BTL landlords, there'd be insufficient properties 'to let' from public sector etc. bodies.

That's why council houses were built in the first place. And they were considered very desirable places to live.

All the money from the sale of council houses should have been used to pay for new council houses.

That's why council houses were built in the first place. And they were considered very desirable places to live.

All the money from the sale of council houses should have been used to pay for new council houses.

That was when we had to jump through hoops to get a council house, couples had to be married to be eligible. It was also before teenagers expected to have their own homes courtesy of the council, whether they could afford them or not. It used to be customary for most young people to remain in the family home until they got married or had the funds to set up on their own. That meant they contributed to the family coffers, which nowadays could certainly help with the misnamed 'bedroom tax'. I'm not quite sure when this entitlement became the norm, late 80s early 90s maybe. Obviously there have to be exceptions, care leavers etc. Lots of my children's generation (born in the 70s) lived away when they were studying, but returned home until they could support themselves, often by starting out in shared accommodation, provided by private landlords.

In 2000, I remember Sheffield, along with other northern councils being concerned about the cost of so many empty homes. Many were demolished, then demand increased, and now there are shortages in some areas. Hindsight is the best planning tool around!

That was when we had to jump through hoops to get a council house, couples had to be married to be eligible. It was also before teenagers expected to have their own homes courtesy of the council, whether they could afford them or not. It used to be customary for most young people to remain in the family home until they got married or had the funds to set up on their own. That meant they contributed to the family coffers, which nowadays could certainly help with the misnamed 'bedroom tax'. I'm not quite sure when this entitlement became the norm, late 80s early 90s maybe. Obviously there have to be exceptions, care leavers etc. Lots of my children's generation (born in the 70s) lived away when they were studying, but returned home until they could support themselves, often by starting out in shared accommodation, provided by private landlords.

In 2000, I remember Sheffield, along with other northern councils being concerned about the cost of so many empty homes. Many were demolished, then demand increased, and now there are shortages in some areas. Hindsight is the best planning tool around!

My Mum and Dad also had to pass an interview to make sure they were 'the right kind of people' for a Council house. I also remember having a 'bottom drawer,' where you saved stuff for when you were married? Sheets, tea towels, pillowcases etc? God that seems like the dark ages now, but life seemed so much simpler...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/investing/buy-to-let/11660188/Buy-to-let-tycoon-Fergus-Wilson-I-sold-50-Ashford-semis-to-a-Chinese-estate-agent.html

Slap in the face from British couple to other British wanting to get on the property ladder.

Buy-to-let tycoon Fergus Wilson: 'I sold 50 Ashford semis to a Chinese estate agent'

Fergus Wilson, the original 'buy-to-let king' with 1,000 Kent properties, has sold 50 of them to a Chinese buyer who will sell them on to other investors – also based in China

Is this the same flat slob who will not let his properties to certain ethnic groups?

Does anyone have a waffer thin mint we can send him?