Here for the Weather? 68 Immigrants found in Polish Lorries

I think he showed up as -Boomer- for a short while but that name hasn't posted for a few weeks.. (since just after the election in fact)

Yes we rumbled him pretty quickly with that pseudonym

Yes we rumbled him pretty quickly with that pseudonym

I'm not sure why people need to change their user name.. unless they get banned of course..

I'm not sure why people need to change their user name.. unless they get banned of course..

He'd kinda lost all credibility and blocked so many people he's lost arguments to that reincarnation was the only way forward.

He'd kinda lost all credibility and blocked so many people he's lost arguments to that reincarnation was the only way forward.

Perhaps he made a mistake and blocked himself and is going round and round in circles trying to escape from the mobius strip he's created? :D

Perhaps he made a mistake and blocked himself and is going round and round in circles trying to escape from the mobius strip he's created? :D

I think that was the point I had made at the time, but nowhere near as intelligently or humourously.

We have a minimum wage system that only those on the black market do not follow. This makes people origin irrespective to that fact, therefore, dealing with a goat herder from Morocco is infinity less attractive than a person from within the EU. Therefore, I would disagree with your claim that these immigrants are secretly wanted by the government.

What evidence do you have to support your side of the argument?

More jobs are kept on minimum wages as immigrants come to do them. From Oxford University: http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/labour-market-effects-immigration

Summary states that lower paid workers lose out and have wages lowered by immigrants whereas medium and high paid workers gain as companies can grow and hire more senior staff.

More jobs are kept on minimum wages as immigrants come to do them. From Oxford University: http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/labour-market-effects-immigration

Summary states that lower paid workers lose out and have wages lowered by immigrants whereas medium and high paid workers gain as companies can grow and hire more senior staff.

How is keeping people on low wages beneficial to the government considering they will in turn pay less tax.

How is keeping people on low wages beneficial to the government considering they will in turn pay less tax.

The vast majority of the Tory manifesto is around supporting businesses. No issues with that. For the vast majority of businesses, salaries are one of the biggest costs. Any opportunity to lower wages paid out will lower costs and improve profit for the business. Giving the Tories the benefit of the doubt, I presume their logic is that the vast majority of people on low incomes won't pay tax anyway so this doesn't cost them anything in tax returns, but that if the companies are more profitable they will pay more corporation tax.

However, you know my stance, I think it's simply a way to allow the rich donors to keep more of their money and avoid paying it out to the oiks.