Taxi watch which driver you get

please answer the above post and let the punters know what you disagree with.

again can you refer to my question in post 59 :thumbsup:

again can you refer to my question in post 59 :thumbsup:

I am keeping on topic ime afraid i am not going to fall into your trap, please keep on topic and answer the above.

I am keeping on topic ime afraid i am not going to fall into your trap, please keep on topic and answer the above.
if you feel that intimidating post have been levelled against you could you report them to the mods to sort out (this kind of thing is not acceptable on this site):suspect:

As an outsider the problem with your argument is that you said taxi drivers have denied a problem with unlicensed cabs. When asked what they have been denying, you said that taxi drivers are renting out their cabs to unlicensed drivers.

Yet none of the links you have posted actually prove that a) any unlicensed drivers were caught and b) that licensed cabbies are renting out their cabs to unlicensed drivers.

I think that's the problem, not warning the public to look out for unlicensed drivers.

Also your 'Pakistani' comments are slightly bizarre seeing as the other Pakistani poster has a better grasp of English than you.

As an outsider the problem with your argument is that you said taxi drivers have denied a problem with unlicensed cabs. When asked what they have been denying, you said that taxi drivers are renting out their cabs to unlicensed drivers.

Yet none of the links you have posted actually prove that a) any unlicensed drivers were caught and b) that licensed cabbies are renting out their cabs to unlicensed drivers.

I think that's the problem, not warning the public to look out for unlicensed drivers.

Also your 'Pakistani' comments are slightly bizarre seeing as the other Pakistani poster has a better grasp of English than you.

What do you mean you are an outsider?

I have put two links, one is headed.

Police crackdown on unlicensed taxi drivers in Sheffield

how many they have caught for the purpose of thread is unimportant

go figure

The taxi business in Sheffield wants smartening up, its taxi drivers having a go at such links as my o.p, thats the problem, below is the truth about some taxi drivers, and these are supposedly the legal ones,

get your own house in order before coming on here (in the words of PAK4) spouting off

http://sheffield.tab.co.uk/2015/03/11/sheffield-taxi-drivers-face-crackdown-inappropriate-behaviour/

And this as wel

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/sheffield-taxi-drivers-face-crackdown-on-inappropriate-behaviour-1-7123415

comment on the thread

Edited by kidley

how many they have caught for the purpose of thread is unimportant

What is the purpose of this thread? It seems you have some old argument you wanted to win but have failed rather spectacularly to do so.

The title "Taxi watch which driver you get" is asking taxis to watch their drivers? Taxis cannot read.

---------- Post added 25-05-2015 at 10:41 ----------

The taxi business in Sheffield wants smarting up its taxi drivers having a go at such links as my o.p thats the problem, below is the truth about some taxi drivers, and these are supposedly the legal ones,

I've read this sentence three times but it departs so far from the rules of the English language that I have been unable to make sense of it. Do you want taxis to be presented more smartly?

Can one of our Pakistani contributors please translate into proper English?

Edited by Flexo

What is the purpose of this thread? It seems you have some old argument you wanted to win but have failed rather spectacularly to do so.

The title "Taxi watch which driver you get" is asking taxis to watch their drivers? Taxis cannot read.

---------- Post added 25-05-2015 at 10:41 ----------

I've read this sentence three times but it departs so far from the rules of the English language that I have been unable to make sense of it. Do you want taxis to be presented more smartly?

Can one of our Pakistani contributors please translate into proper English?

I take it you read this

http://sheffield.tab.co.uk/2015/03/11/sheffield-taxi-drivers-face-crackdown-inappropriate-behaviour/

This has no mention of unlicensed drivers either.

Having failed to demonstrate any problem with unlicensed taxi drivers you have decided to make it into a general moan about taxi drivers?

The minor misdemeanours listed in that article apply to all car drivers, taxi or not.

I'd like to speak up for our Sheffield taxi drivers who I think are excellent in the main.

We take it for granted, but we can call up a cab and be picked up within a few minutes, wherever we are around the city.

The taxi drivers know the routes - they don't have to rely on sat nav.

And the service is "safe" by comparison to what one may encounter in many other major cities - especially abroad.

When I lived abroad a few years ago we dare not take a taxi direct from the airport, for example. (Unless we had pre-ordered it from a reputable firm). We used to walk quarter of a mile, with suitcases, out onto the perimeter road to get a cab - in order to avoid the airport ones - which were ran by the local mafia.

At the very least, if you took a taxi directly from the airport you could expect to be charged 2 or 3 times the normal fare to town. At worst, you could be driven to some remote spot and beaten up and mugged.

There are no such concerns about taking a taxi in this city but there are some annoyances. Like those taxi drivers who act as if beyond the law, in terms of their driving.

I was in Germany recently and a taxi driver there told me that the police are especially vigilante of taxi drivers and give them a very hard time. The reason being that they expect them to know the city and its roads and drive in an exemplary fashion, to set an example almost to other motorists. I don't think this is a bad idea actually.

The other thing that is annoying is the sheer volume of taxi's in the streets approaching Sheffield railway station. I have nearly missed trains before now as it has taken 20 minutes to drive the last quarter of a mile to the multi-storey car park - due to the roads being congested with taxis. Something should be done about this for sure!

This has no mention of unlicensed drivers either.

Having failed to demonstrate any problem with unlicensed taxi drivers you have decided to make it into a general moan about taxi drivers?

The minor misdemeanours listed in that article apply to all car drivers, taxi or not.

Police crackdown on unlicensed taxi drivers in Sheffield

As said to one of your friends above

Are the Police having a crackdown on something that does not exist.

Are the Police having a crackdown on something that does not exist.

If you believe that the aim of the thing was simply to find unlicensed drivers, then yes.

However, the the aim of the multi-agency checkpoint was far more broad - of course it takes only a single agency to check licenses so the aim must have been far more broad than your simple understanding of a badly-written newspaper headline has led you to believe.

Having shown us that no problem with unlicensed drivers was uncovered, do you wish to make this into a general moan about taxis?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-170276/No-woman-safe-minicab-says-rape-judge.html

http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/27/unlicensed-cab-driver-sexually-assaulted-student-before-demanding-50-to-take-her-home-5082935/

i could fill the page up, BUT YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE ANY OF IT

the longer this goes on the more will be revealed,

get your trade sorted out