Taxi watch which driver you get

Thanks - interesting. Panzer's post was only the 9 word version when I read it....

Surprised that driving unlicensed is a FPN matter - I've seen it reported as a court matter before.

i rest my case:roll:

i rest my case:roll:

Unfortunately, the information you need from the police is how many - if any - of those FPNs relate to driving unlicensed.

Had the number been significant then I'd have expected that to be reported.

This cannot progress beyond "No idea if any unlicensed taxis were found" without the facts.

Thanks - interesting. Panzer's post was only the 9 word version when I read it....

Surprised that driving unlicensed is a FPN matter - I've seen it reported as a court matter before.

It is a court matter, unlicensed driver would also mean uninsured driver which would result in the police towing the taxi away.

I don't blame the retired pc for not knowing what it entails as he's probably never had to deal with the situation where a unlicensed driver is driving a llicensed vehicle.

footnote

the over stretched police don't go chasing shadows, if there are no unlicensed taxis drivers in Sheffield, the police would not look for them.

Also a may add that, the taxi drivers that are posting on here are doing the trade a very big disservice by not supporting the police in this matter instead of denying it exist. apart from passengers having no insurance with these unlicensed taxis, the licensed taxis are losing money.

footnote

the over stretched police don't go chasing shadows, if there are no unlicensed taxis drivers in Sheffield, the police would not look for them.

Also a may add that, the taxi drivers that are posting on here are doing the trade a very big disservice by not supporting the police in this matter instead of denying it exist. apart from passengers having no insurance with these unlicensed taxis, the licensed taxis are losing money.

stop digging yourself into a deeper hole you got your wires crossed from a misleading newspaper article and got it wrong:roll: also I would think that most taxi drivers on here who drive in Sheffield would report a unlicensed "taxi" because not only is it robbing them of a livelihood it is also illegal and makes a mockery of what a licensed taxi driver has paid out in obtaining his badge/insurance etc . give it a rest kidley your on to a losing battle :hihi:

stop digging yourself into a deeper hole you got your wires crossed from a misleading newspaper article and got it wrong:roll: also I would think that most taxi drivers on here who drive in Sheffield would report a unlicensed "taxi" because not only is it robbing them of a livelihood it is also illegal and makes a mockery of what a licensed taxi driver has paid out in obtaining his badge/insurance etc . give it a rest kidley your on to a losing battle :hihi:

So you think the police are wasting there time chasing non existent unlicensed taxi drivers then, also this is country wide not just Sheffield, So you think the whole of English police have got it wrong then. OH Dear

So you think the police are wasting there time chasing non existent unlicensed taxi drivers then, also this is country wide not just Sheffield, So you think the whole of English police have got it wrong then. OH Dear

no every so often the police/council/dwp have a purge on taxi drivers in Sheffield (and other parts of the country) they also have a purge on the construction industry/car wash places/fast food outlets etc. but from your links you still haven't given an exact amount of unlicensed taxi drivers who got caught :roll:

no every so often the police/council/dwp have a purge on taxi drivers in Sheffield (and other parts of the country) they also have a purge on the construction industry/car wash places/fast food outlets etc. but from your links you still haven't given an exact amount of unlicensed taxi drivers who got caught :roll:

My Bold

Could you tell me how i am i supposed to know that, all i know is this.

Police crackdown on unlicensed taxi drivers in Sheffield

please keep on topic

[/b]

My Bold

Could you tell me how i am i supposed to know that, all i know is this.

Police crackdown on unlicensed taxi drivers in Sheffield

please keep on topic

like I said misleading headline from the newspaper thou why you couldn't grasp that from the beginning beats me :hihi:

like I said misleading headline from the newspaper thou why you couldn't grasp that from the beginning beats me :hihi:

You mean the police are misleading people, whatever next

http://www.southyorkshire.police.uk/news-syp/unlicensed-taxi-crackdown-sheffield-and-doncaster

get another one of your pals in, you have run out of steam:D

[/b]

You mean the police are misleading people, whatever next

http://www.southyorkshire.police.uk/news-syp/unlicensed-taxi-crackdown-sheffield-and-doncaster

get another one of your pals in, you have run out of steam:D

so did the police pull in random cars acting as taxi drivers eg unlicensed (with no badges or taxi signage) or did they pull over taxis with badges and taxi signage to make sure they had the proper documents and cars were roadworthy?