Can anyone help? Advice Please

Starlet

There is a group on facebook called fightback, they will be able to tell you what she is able to apply for, I think it will be ESA she needs to go on to. She cannot be expected to sign on and trek into town everyday. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone.

She has been awarded ESA.

However she had her operation which went well and they were able to do what they needed to do without opening her up to Below her knee. On the day of her discharge it was a Duty doctor rather than on of the regular ones. The nurse asked for her sick note completing. Both consultants had told her she will be incapacitated for a minimum of 13 weeks and would happily provide her a sick note to confirm this. (she isn't allowed to lift or bend for 8 weeks) however the duty doctor at first refused her a note. When the nurse explained what the consultant had said and the doctor eventually agreed to give her a note for 2 weeks and said she couldn't see why she wouldn't be able to go back after that on light duties.

Thanks!!!

Now I have to arrange time off work to get her into her Gp to get an extension of her note.. Something we were told that she would not have to do.

sounds all too familiar I'm afraid. I have given up on the benefits system,the NHS,local councils and GO services. Before I gave up I spent most of every day administering the lot of em,or so it seemed.

I have 6 lots of consultants and clinics to deal with and they CANNOT talk to each other.I tried to become an expert on medications to keep up with it all but what with brand names/drug names and pronunciation differences I couldn't keep up. Now my medications are constantly wrong but all you get is "well J did write to them"

I could go on for hours literally hence I surrendered and now just go with it. However I find it difficult to sound as dumb or come up with the lamest answers ever!!