Can anyone recommend a good bakers?

Hello everyone!

I am wanting to find in Sheffield a quality bakers. All the bread I get seems like tasteless rubbish.

Any recommendations, please?

Thank you

Thank you for the reply. I will check them out.

Try making your own?

hi Dannyno

Good point but it never turns out right!

Got to be Lily's every time. Consistently good baking only using quality ingredients.

Forge Bakehouse comes highly recommended around these parts

The problem is it is so good I can't eat any other bread!Sevenhills and the guy on South Rd opposite Beeches being the exceptions.

Turners at the Moor Market.

I get my bread cakes and Scones from there all the time. Better than the supermarket rubbish.

They are called Aye Carumba (I think) and might be based at Nether Green. They deliver bread to my corner shop in S6 and it's fantastic. Real good stuff.

Gerry's on South Road in Walkley, opposite Beeches.

Bread is amazing, brilliant customer service and they also have tables to sit down for a coffee (which I've yet to sample).

I like Marks & Spencer's bread from the Bakery Department. They do a fantastic selection. They tend to put samples out for you to try before you buy.

We are well-served here in Walkley. Not just Gerry's, which is a relatively new outfit, but also The Baker's Shop on Howard Road, which has been there for ages. They do excellent, tasty, wholesome bread, with lots of choice, & they will slice it in front of you if you want. Lots of bread-cakes too. The cakes & pastries are lovely, but best of all are the ham salad sandwiches, with ham on the bone, also freshly sliced. I shouldn't be telling you this as a semi-vegetarian, but I suppose we're all allowed our guilty pleasures.