Thanks to the local police in Nether edge

I would like to express my thanks to the 101 service, and the local police.

This morning i went to mow the lawn of an elderly friend, and she had , overnight had her front door and frame smeered with ketchup. She was in a real pickle, proper upset about it.

She wanted to contact the police, and i was concerned that they might take it as a minor issue and just fob her off, so i decided that to save her some even more heartbreak that i would contact 101, and if the fob me off, i would be in a better position to handle it.

I dialled 101 and spoke to a lovely operator and within 45 mins or so, two police officers arrived and , well they were just perfect.

Within an hour of my arriving to cut the grass, and seeing a lovely friend and elderly neighbour shaking like a leaf, two strapping young coppers arrived , sat down with her and had a chat.

My friend is now getting some window and door contacts fitted, free of charge, here home is now going to be monitored, as best as possible by the local police.

Having been on the wrong side a couple of times in my past, i would like to say a huge thank you to the 101 service and the two bobby's that came out today, you made an elderly lady feel a whole lot more secure.

Thank you. xx

Sounds like they did a good job of making your elderly friend feel a little better and safer, but what are they doing to catch the culprits?

The police take a lot of criticism so it's nice to hear something positive. Shame on the scumbags that did the nasty act in the first place.

The police take a lot of criticism so it's nice to hear something positive. Shame on the scumbags that did the nasty act in the first place.

They do take a lot of stick, and to be honest i have given them lots in the past, but today they were absolute diamonds, i know it was only ketchup, but an old lady had her home defaced, well done south yorks police.

This morning i went to mow the lawn of an elderly friend, and she had , overnight had her front door and frame smeered with ketchup. She was in a real pickle, proper upset about it.

She wanted to contact the police, and i was concerned that they might take it as a minor issue and just fob her off, so i decided that to save her some even more heartbreak that i would contact 101, and if the fob me off, i would be in a better position to handle it.

I dialled 101 and spoke to a lovely operator and within 45 mins or so, two police officers arrived and , well they were just perfect.

Within an hour of my arriving to cut the grass, and seeing a lovely friend and elderly neighbour shaking like a leaf, two strapping young coppers arrived , sat down with her and had a chat.

My friend is now getting some window and door contacts fitted, free of charge, here home is now going to be monitored, as best as possible by the local police.

Having been on the wrong side a couple of times in my past, i would like to say a huge thank you to the 101 service and the two bobby's that came out today, you made an elderly lady feel a whole lot more secure.

Thank you. xx

Hope they ketchup with the perpetrators.

Thank you. xx

It's more of a condiment than a pickle, really...

Glad she was reassured though, you're right I'd have expected it to be fobbed off but glad it was taken seriously because it could be frightening to en elderly person even if it is just kids mischief

I'm sure it was just kids, maybe the police have will have a sauce of information. And if it is kids...someone needs to have a word with their Daddies

Sounds like they did a good job of making your elderly friend feel a little better and safer, but what are they doing to catch the culprits?

I dunno, I don't think there would be any leads to follow. at least the old dear feels a lot better which is a good start.

As a recently retired PC I am glad SYP was able to help your lady at least feel secure in her home. To the person who asks about catching the offender you have to be reasonable if you went out and threw ketchup on a door half a mile from your house do you think you would get caught, the answer is no. There are no fingerprints, no dna ,no cctv and no witnesses. the Police in this county have lost 400 officers in the last 2 years, me included, and there are a further 400 to go this year. So please give my old colleagues a break, they are doing the best they can. Whilst on this the star ran pictures of Police parking to get take aways, I would just like to say that during the last 2 years of my service I very rarely got more than 10 minutes to eat before being turned out to some emergency or other and coming back to a cold meal. So please give these people a break if they nip in to get a take away especially as Police are no longer allowed to issue parking tickets.