Upgraded laptop but not load w7 ??

handyman1996

I upgraded laptop from xp to w7 but not load it up and tries to repair itself ?

But it will load in safe mode

tried w7 pro down to home but same result?

Intel celeron 1.4ghz 1gb ram etc

any help out their ?

Thanks

Using this may help.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=20

1gb ram may run 32 bit Windows 7 but I dont think it is enough for 64 bit Windows 7

Only guessing on this it but it may be loading in Safe Mode because there will be fewer programs running on your computer at this time.

Yeah - you're going to struggle with 1GB of ram...

Especially with that CPU too - it's really not enough for Windows 7

it will run after adding additional RAM, but still not vert well

Time for a new machine..

The issue is it won't load w7 on fresh install and tries to repair itself but runs in safe mode no problem?

It could be that there's some older or lesser-known device in your laptop that is not compatible or needs the correct driver.

Safe mode uses the very minimum and basic drivers/software for maximum compatibility.

But still - I wouldn't hold out much hope of it being anywhere close to usable on 1GB of RAM

Start your laptop in SAFE MODE and run COMMANDER (cmd), type the command line below and hit enter:

sfc /SCANNOW

this will check system structure and if there are any issues, it will automatically sort them out for you.

Let us know the outcome please...

Hope it helps..

Cheers gosh will try it when I get home .

Start your laptop in SAFE MODE and run COMMANDER (cmd), type the command line below and hit enter:

sfc /SCANNOW

this will check system structure and if there are any issues, it will automatically sort them out for you.

Let us know the outcome please...

Hope it helps..

The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir% \System32\dllcache

He said it's a fresh install - so the DLLCache will be the same as is already in use..

I guess it's worth a try though - but I doubt it'll help