CLOUGH in or out ?

this is serious and not taking the ****. IF i was a blade i'd be worried, with the amount of goals conceeded in the last few matches.

Granted the last two you came from 2 or so goals down

BUT

i cant see that happening in a playoff situation tbh, with the best teams in the league and ALL wanting / needing to win.

this is serious and not taking the ****. IF i was a blade i'd be worried, with the amount of goals conceeded in the last few matches.

Granted the last two you came from 2 or so goals down

BUT

i cant see that happening in a playoff situation tbh, with the best teams in the league and ALL wanting / needing to win.

Over the years the team finising 3rd more often than not does not go up, the play offs are a complete lottery & it's normally those that finish 5th or 6th that pinch it.

Over the years the team finising 3rd more often than not does not go up, the play offs are a complete lottery & it's normally those that finish 5th or 6th that pinch it.

indeed its a lottery, good luck fella, you above all need a promotion

Did nothing at derby.better at lower league.hes now claiming injuries have stopped utd going up automatically.

Did nothing at derby.better at lower league.hes now claiming injuries have stopped utd going up automatically.

Sorry he cannot use that old chestnut what about McNulty, he got lamped so his own fault he was out

All of the success that we have had in the cup I personally put down to the players as opposed to the manager. I don't think it is Clough's tactics that have won those games more that the players have been given a free role to go out there and enjoy and they have wanted the success. This set of players are capable of going out in the play-offs and beating any of those teams if they reproduce the same level of performance that they have in the cup runs however my concern is that Clough will want to play in a certain style that would prove to be negative and ultimately our downfall.

Clough has brought in some cracking attacking players however at times they aren't allowed to go out and attack which frustrates me. Strip it back to basics and allow the players to go out on the pitch and express themselves that will bring success.

All of the success that we have had in the cup I personally put down to the players as opposed to the manager. I don't think it is Clough's tactics that have won those games more that the players have been given a free role to go out there and enjoy and they have wanted the success. This set of players are capable of going out in the play-offs and beating any of those teams if they reproduce the same level of performance that they have in the cup runs however my concern is that Clough will want to play in a certain style that would prove to be negative and ultimately our downfall.

Clough has brought in some cracking attacking players however at times they aren't allowed to go out and attack which frustrates me. Strip it back to basics and allow the players to go out on the pitch and express themselves that will bring success.

Well said green_man :banana::banana::banana:

Clough should be given more time, at least until well in to next season. Considering the position we were in when he came he deserves that. I am assuming we will still be in League 1 as its hard to see us getting past any of the teams currently above us in the play offs, although if Collins, Campbell-Ryce, Di Giralamo and McFadzean were added to the current squad I would be more confident. Cloughs increasing habit of falling out with players and his refusal to address the lack of height in the team will probably cost him his job eventually.

The alternative to Clough is the McCabes appointing another Manager. It's hard to imagine them finding a worse manager than Weir but if there is one they'll find him!!!!!

Edited by strangerthe6
grammar

Cloughs increasing habit of falling out with players
How do you know he's been falling out with players?

How do you know he's been falling out with players?

I don't officially although it seems common knowledge that he had a bust up with Collins after the Chesterfield game. The decision to loan out Campbell-Ryce could not be for football reasons as he was a regular. DiGiralamo is regarded as one of the most promising players in the country and yet he wouldn't give him a chance except for the FA cup at Preston when he scored. It will be interesting to see if he brings Campbell-Ryce back now that FYlnn is out and Murphy also struggling with a back injury.

I don't officially although it seems common knowledge that he had a bust up with Collins after the Chesterfield game. The decision to loan out Campbell-Ryce could not be for football reasons as he was a regular. DiGiralamo is regarded as one of the most promising players in the country and yet he wouldn't give him a chance except for the FA cup at Preston when he scored. It will be interesting to see if he brings Campbell-Ryce back now that FYlnn is out and Murphy also struggling with a back injury.

There is no bust up with JCR and Nigel Clough, I know why he is not at SUFC at the minute, but would never discuss on a public forum.

There is no bust up with JCR and Nigel Clough, I know why he is not at SUFC at the minute, but would never discuss on a public forum.

Tha just has done;)