Cycling kept me going

After heart operation to replace a valve i had to stop mountain biking for about 6 months but it gave me something to aim for in getting my fitness back again.Recently started riding again and things are getting back to normal.So the moral of the story is

Never Give Up On A Good Thing: cool:

I have been meaning to cycle a bit more, or even a bit! Spurred on by the kids and their OHs who came here for the weekend, we did about 14 miles on Saturday, I was quite surprised I managed it so well! I have two bikes, a mountain and a racer, the racer being about a third of the weight of the mtb, so a lot easier! New tyres on order, get fit here I come! Its good excersise, and I maintain it is a lot easier cycling around these hilly parts than it was when I cycled around flat Essex when I lived there.

After heart operation to replace a valve i had to stop mountain biking for about 6 months but it gave me something to aim for in getting my fitness back again.Recently started riding again and things are getting back to normal.So the moral of the story is

Nice one.

Cycling is a great way to keep fit and its surprising how soon you gain fitness.

A mountain/hybrid bike with there easy gears make the big hills much easier than you may think.

You can get the same gears on a road bike as you can on a mountain bike if you want. You probably don't need them on a road bike as the weight of the bike is much less. I see a lot of riders on full suspension mtb's struggling up hills, due to the extra weight that the suspension adds to the weight of the bike.

You can get the same gears on a road bike as you can on a mountain bike if you want. You probably don't need them on a road bike as the weight of the bike is much less. I see a lot of riders on full suspension mtb's struggling up hills, due to the extra weight that the suspension adds to the weight of the bike.

Try fixed wheel ,great fun going down hill and going up:help:

Good to have you back fit and well. Glad to hear cycling is working out :)