The ITV Leaders' Debate

Sturgeon mentioned her free education but failed to mention how her family were allowed to cheaply buy their council house.

---------- Post added 02-04-2015 at 22:04 ----------

If the minimum wage is raised and zero hours contracts banned, then people can say goodbye to Krispy Kreme outlets for one.

So what if her family did buy their house at a knock down price? Should they have voted for Thatcher out of gratitude? If anyone on here suggested that because someone had used the NHS they ought to vote Labour, you'd have had a hissy fit complaining about 'buying votes'....And I'm sure that securing votes for the Conservatives was far from Thatcher's mind when she brought into the right to buy in the 80s ;)

Observation for Del:

Best comment of the night so far when David Cameron was asked why ordinary people are being told about the tough choice of having another 50 billion pounds of cuts that their communities will have to shoulder BUT why Cameron has not asked the wealthy to contribute 1 extra penny towards those massive cuts and in fact Cameron has given them money !!! A minimum of 48,000 pounds tax free to every millionaire ( the more you have the more money you got ) , every single year of his parliament. That's all you need to know about the Tory party...

The only way to find out though would be to employ a private company to look at the figures produced by the public sector and that will mean another increase in cost.

Why would the council need to employ a private company to look at the council's OWN figures as well as private companies figures. :huh: Employees in the council are quite capable of doing this themselves, as they used to do.

For me I thought Sturgeon won the debate, she came across clear and precise in what they were going to do whilst others just wanted to score points.

Best bits for me:

Farage telling the others there was sod all they could do with regards to Europe

Farage pointing out correctly that we are borrowing more now than we ever did

Miliband telling Cameron that Labour got it wrong over Bank regulation, but that his party wanted less regulation.

Bennett telling Cameron to take more than 143 Syrian refugees in

Overall I can only see UKIP and the Tories forming a coalition this time, whereas I can see Labour working with all of the others.

Pressure also causes things to explode.

Look at Daily Mail for evidence of that...if any more asylum seeking, left wing, cancer causing gay Muslims are let into the country to destroy Middle England, Daily Mail journalist's heads will explode with rage :)

Well I watched the whole thing, and really didn't come to the conclusion that anyone particularly came out on top. I don't think whatever political persuasion you are, the debate would have changed anyone's perception.

Also, I found it a bit galling to be pitched by leaders of a party I can't possibly vote for. I live in England.

My own personal opinion was that Dave sort of shot himself in the foot having 6 rivals on the platform, who constantly laid into him and his policies, and he didn't seem to handle it well at all. His only defence seemed to be historical references to what mistakes the others made. Plus his anecdotes of meeting people who said...... He was definitely coached wrong with those.

Because they were privately educated. Everytime Milliband spoke it was like he was trying to tell you a story.

Nonsense. Some of the greatest political orators this country has ever had weren't privately educated - Nye Bevan certainly wasn't neither was George Galloway.

---------- Post added 03-04-2015 at 08:04 ----------

Observation for Del:

Best comment of the night so far when David Cameron was asked why ordinary people are being told about the tough choice of having another 50 billion pounds of cuts that their communities will have to shoulder BUT why Cameron has not asked the wealthy to contribute 1 extra penny towards those massive cuts and in fact Cameron has given them money !!! A minimum of 48,000 pounds tax free to every millionaire ( the more you have the more money you got ) , every single year of his parliament. That's all you need to know about the Tory party...

Indeed...And can you imagine the gloating and crowing on here from the Forum Tories if Ed Miliband ducked out of a head to head debate with his principle opponent, like Cameron chickened out appearing solely with Miliband?

Edited by Mister M

Observation for Del:

Who's Del?

Which problems would they be then?

Try reading The Islamic Republic of Dewsbury by Dan Lockwood.

Why would the council need to employ a private company to look at the council's OWN figures as well as private companies figures. :huh: Employees in the council are quite capable of doing this themselves, as they used to do.

You appear to be contradicting your self.

Just because someone works in the public sector and does figures, does not mean they have logic and are right. :huh:

Well I watched the whole thing, and really didn't come to the conclusion that anyone particularly came out on top. I don't think whatever political persuasion you are, the debate would have changed anyone's perception.

Also, I found it a bit galling to be pitched by leaders of a party I can't possibly vote for. I live in England.

My own personal opinion was that Dave sort of shot himself in the foot having 6 rivals on the platform, who constantly laid into him and his policies, and he didn't seem to handle it well at all. His only defence seemed to be historical references to what mistakes the others made. Plus his anecdotes of meeting people who said...... He was definitely coached wrong with those.

You're right Pete, nobody really won it on the night but in relative terms there were a couple of massive winners. Miliband, don't forget, was a harmless figure of fun not so long ago. Now he's got a platform for debate and is just about matching Cameron and starting to connect with voters as a serious politician. In reality all he has to do is match Cameron and it might take Labour over or close to the line. Cameron and Miliband weren't too bad on the night, certainly way better than Clegg.

The other big winner was Leanne Wood because PC have never had a UK platform to state their case. She's after Welsh votes of course but that electorate can now measure her performance against other leaders and actually see she's competent and assured.

You're right Pete, nobody really won it on the night but in relative terms there were a couple of massive winners. Miliband, don't forget, was a harmless figure of fun not so long ago. Now he's got a platform for debate and is just about matching Cameron and starting to connect with voters as a serious politician. In reality all he has to do is match Cameron and it might take Labour over or close to the line. Cameron and Miliband weren't too bad on the night, certainly way better than Clegg.

The other big winner was Leanne Wood because PC have never had a UK platform to state their case. She's after Welsh votes of course but that electorate can now measure her performance against other leaders and actually see she's competent and assured.

I don't think the woman from the 'greens' (sorry I can't remember her name...memorable eh?) fared particularly well....And she made a complete fool of herself suggesting we take in hoards of Syrian refugees....Like that's going to be a popular thing!!!