Any Heavy rock fans on here ?

Hi guys, love this thread, i love rock and metal and have done since my early teens, i am now 53 and still love a good headbang ( although the hair has gone now :hihi:)

I went through the glam rock era in my early teens and then the punk era, loved the punk music but never took up the image.

My favourite band of the 80s was Thin Lizzy, saw them live about 4 times and loved the fact that they had the two lead guitars doing solos and as for Phil Lynnott what a talent, have also seen Motorhead, Wishbone Ash, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Guns n Roses, Bullet for my valentine, FFF, UFO, Saxon, Machinehead. There will be plenty more ive seen but cant think of them at the moment.

Also like listening to Coheed and Cambria, Tool, and the classics like Deep Purple, Led Zep, Rainbow, Sabbath etc.

I once heard an album by a group called Helloween, cant remember what it was called but it was an awesome album, heard it the once and never seen it again.

Great to read other metal fans experiences on here, nice to know theres plenty of us, keep on rocking.

I once heard an album by a group called Helloween, cant remember what it was called but it was an awesome album, heard it the once and never seen it again.

If you can remember what the front cover looked like or any of the songs I'd be more than happy trying to help you fathom which album. I'm a bit of a Helloween fan myself. Sort of Germany's answer to Iron Maiden, in my humble opinion. They were a great band, but not really been a fan of anything they've done in the last 15 years or so due to line up-changes which affected the songwriting and sound.

Helloween were great with kiske as lead vocals but went downhill after that. Saw some great bands back in my native north east. Krokus,UFO, Lizzy,and AC/DC with bon Scott when they first toured the UK.

Thanks for posting guys good to see theres so many rock fans on here.

I had to find out what album it was so had a look on the net and as soon as i saw an image of the cover, bingo it jogged my memory.

It was Keeper of the Seven Keys part 2 with kiske on vocals, i will have to get a copy to listen too again to remind how good it was.

Thanks guys for the 2 posts above which made me look it up :thumbsup:

Happy to lend a hand, of sorts. For me, even though it's with Deris, Better Than Raw was probably their last decent album. Obviously with the more up to date recording equipment and processes it sounds a lot heavier than Keeper..., but it's worth it for Push and, my personal fave (and the first song of theirs I ever heard) Midnight Sun - the guitar duel in that is straight out of the Downing/Tipton, Murray/Smith schools of dual lead battles.

I can also recommend Pink Bubbles Go Ape from the Kiske era. A bit more 'poppy', but you can't listen to that album and tell me the German's don't have a sense of humour!!!

A few of my favourite tracks from other albums:

1. Anything My Mama Don't Like

2. We Burn

3. Crazy Cat

4. Future World

5. Mr Ego

Sorry for the ramble - it's just not everyday Helloween are mentioned in modern day conversation...

I'm a bit of a rock and metal fan too, everything from Soundgarden to Slipknot :)

I've probably met most of you that are of a certain age and in Sheffield in rock night at the Roxy at one point or another.

Jeez Roxy's been there once when l visited my girlfriend at the time in my glam days..

---------- Post added 28-03-2015 at 01:05 ----------

Love some of the symphonic metal scene the female singers are stunning and excellent singers. Nightwish Leaves Eyes Delain .

But my main genre is heavy prog DT..Evergrey..Vanden Plas..Pagans Mind Symphony X Really do it for me..

With some good ol melodic hard rock thrown in..Allen/Lande ..Masterplan ..

No other music does it for me..

Keep the faith guys rock will never die !!!

---------- Post added 31-03-2015 at 22:06 ----------

Sorry if l repeated what l said in the last post l had a stroke few years ago memory's not gud.

Forgot l mentioned my fave bands at the beginning of this thread.

Checking in as another heavy rock/metal fan.

Anything from death, to black, to prog, to traditional NWOBHM, to modern American styles, symphonic, doom, instrumental, thrash etc.

As long as it has interesting guitars in it, and rap is kept right away from it, i'll give it a chance.

I've been listening to metal since I was around 7/8, when my dad and his uncle got me into Iron Maiden. Its been uphill (or downhill, depending on who you ask) ever since.

Favourites include - Iron Maiden, Tool, Coheed and Cambria, Born of Osiris, Fallujah, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Nightwish, Anaal Nathrakh, anything touched by Devin Townsend, Nevermore, Meshuggah, Orphaned Land, Pagan's Mind, Anubis Gate, Behemoth, Wintersun (bit of a joke now though), Dead Letter Circus, Mors Principium Est, Scar Symmetry etc.

Depending on forum rules i'd love to share some youtube links here to great, and perhaps more obscure, bands.

Cheers for your input Pete see ye like a lot of different genre of our fine music. If ye like prog check out the new albums by Evergrey - Hymns for the broken And Vanden plas - Chronicles of the immortals...awesome ..

i used to knock about with Nigel Durham who was the saxon drummer for an album in the late eighties :hihi: he got paid a wage and was on look north lol

ive seen: kiss(twice) , guns n roses , iron maiden , loudness, saxon, wasp,twisted sister,skid row, la guns, tygetailz,warlock, live in the late 80,s / early 90,s

A couple of weeks ago I was in the yorkshireman having a beer with Bri Shaughnessy of OD SAXON :hihi:

I tend to listen to things like Jack white / white stripes , the black keys , joe bonamassa , orianthi , steve vai , arctic monkeys pm was a good album , just discovered Boston so listening to there back catalogue :)