Glasses are training your eye muscles to be lazy?

Do you wear glasses, there is a new natural technique that can give you 20/20 vision in just 7 days, have you watched the video on facebook, the eye care industry dont want you to know, because the truth about glasses would cost them billions, gl;asses are training your eye muscles to be lazy.

It sounds feasable, what do you think?

I have the facebook video clip(William Kemp) running in the background now, its very long, and no price has been mentioned yet ;)

Yes I read about this some years ago. It works and you can train your eye muscles with good effect in many cases (not all)

When I started work (many years ago:gag: ) one of the older guys told me,

I was starting a career doing very close complicated work, and to help my eyesight I should get into the habit of looking out of the window every half hour at least.

This meant focusing on long distance objects and keeping my eyes "fit".

Best advice I ever got !!

Thought similar about that about 30 years ago

I think it's a bit like the theory that a diabetic, injecting insulin, makes them dependent on it.

I think it's a bit like the theory that a diabetic, injecting insulin, makes them dependent on it.

Eye muscles do need exercise, in children lots of close up reading makes it difficult for them to focus on long distance objects, visa versa.

What utter twaddle. My eyeballs are the wrong shape for the muscles to bring things into focus. My eyeballs are so misshapen that in order to image the blood vessels in my retina the optician has to look through my glasses, because the lenses in their scopes can't see that far. My eyes focus just fine, but they focus about 8cm away from my face and that's a bit limiting when it comes to driving, or reading a screen, or just about anything else.

I love my frames and would be lost without them as my eye sight is'nt that good

I doubt the artical can live upto what it claims and for that reason i'm out .

I agree - wearing glasses does make your eyes lazy, but only if you go to an optician. My husband needed glasses to read. He saw an optician who advised him what strength lenses he needed. Every time he returned to the optician (routine yearly check-ups I believe) he needed ever stronger, and more expensive, lenses and eventually now has to wear bi-focals as his distance vision is also impaired. By the time I needed reading glasses they were being sold cheaply in Boots in a do-it-yourself fashion. I've been doing it myself for the past 15 years and I now pay £1 a pair for exactly the same low strength lenses I began with.

I agree - wearing glasses does make your eyes lazy, but only if you go to an optician. My husband needed glasses to read. He saw an optician who advised him what strength lenses he needed. Every time he returned to the optician (routine yearly check-ups I believe) he needed ever stronger, and more expensive, lenses and eventually now has to wear bi-focals as his distance vision is also impaired. By the time I needed reading glasses they were being sold cheaply in Boots in a do-it-yourself fashion. I've been doing it myself for the past 15 years and I now pay £1 a pair for exactly the same low strength lenses I began with.

And your study with a sample size of only 2 people is statistically significant and couldn't just signify that your husband's eyesight has deteriorated naturally over that time but yours hasn't?

I am reliably informed that most people need reading glasses by my age (or bifocals if they already have distance lenses) so is the fact that I don't need them a sign that my optician hasn't persuaded my eyes to get worse? Or just that my eyes haven't followed the typical pattern- yet?

My distance vision prescription has also been identical for over 20 years, and surely if the lenses were making my vision more lazy that wouldn't happen either?

I am reliably informed that most people need reading glasses by my age (or bifocals if they already have distance lenses) so is the fact that I don't need them a sign that my optician hasn't persuaded my eyes to get worse? Or just that my eyes haven't followed the typical pattern- yet?

What age do most people need reading glasses, I am 53 and have had them for around 4 years.